Cork Simon Community: Housing Officer x 2 (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Housing Officer – Permanent Full-time and Part-time Contracts
Cork Simon Community works in solidarity with men and women who are homeless in Cork, offering housing and support in their journey back to independent living. We promote a socially just society and campaign for a society without homelessness.
The Community works to a set of six core values: Community, Diversity, Social Justice, Voluntarism, Commitment to Care and Inclusion.
Cork Simon Community are currently seeking applications for 2 Housing Officer posts:
We are currently growing our housing officer team and we are looking for confident, patient and flexible individuals with experience in managing properties to join our team. We can offer full time (35/39 hours per week) or part-time (20 hours per week) contracts to the right individuals. The location of the role is also flexible with an option to work in the Cork/Kerry region or the Cork/Waterford region. We invite you to talk to us if you are interested in working with us. If you are the right person for the role, we will work together to agree the best working arrangements for all parties.
Purpose of the post: Work within the Property and Tenancy Management Team to Support people leaving homelessness and entering into a new Tenancy Agreement.
To be successful in this role, you will need good Property / Tenancy Management skills AND good people skills. You will act as the Landlord of Cork Simon Community properties and be the tenant’s first point of contact for all property / tenancy related queries.
Some of the key duties of the roles include:
- Creating new Tenancy Agreements and manage the tenant’s “move in” process.
- Formally ending Tenancy Agreements, managing the tenant’s “move out” process.
- Day to Day Tenancy / Property Management, including preparation of properties to a high standard for viewings & for new tenants moving in, ordering of any furnishings required, regular inspections, H&S / compliance checks, arranging any repair works required, monitoring of CCTV
- Rent collection.
- Prepare regular reports as required, examples include void properties, rent collection, rent debts, repayment plans, tenant recharges for services charges / damages, statistics, and any other reports as may be needed by Management from time to time.
- Work with colleagues to plan each tenant’s transition into housing.
- From time to time attend meetings of the Housing First / Rapid Rehousing & Tenancy Support Teams and ensure familiarity with their plans and priorities.
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
- At least 1 year experience in managing properties and Tenancy Agreements
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude toward tenants’ potential for housing success and stability
- Confidence to address breaches of tenancy, quickly and effectively, showing assertiveness when necessary
- Patient, High Tolerance Level, Mature Approach
- The ability to work as part of a team
- IT skills
- Full Driving Licence and access to own car
The Recruitment Pack for the role is attached below or from our website www.corksimon.ie/work-with-us or can be requested by e-mail from email@example.com or by telephone 021 4929408. For informal discussions about the role please contact Melissa Clancy on 087 9573 233 or Kieran Keohane on 085 8589867.
The closing date for receipt of CVs is Thursday 26th May, 12 noon.
Cork Simon Community is committed to equality of opportunity