Áiseanna Tacaíochta (ÁT): Personal Assistant (Part-Time) - Carlow
AT is currently recruiting a Part-Time Personal Assistant to assist a young man to live an independent life.
Áiseanna Tacaíochta (ÁT) provides leadership and support to people with disabilities to live with the independence, choice and freedom they are entitled to. For the first time in Ireland, we facilitate Direct Payments to people with disabilities, enabling them to take control of their own budgets, their own services and, ultimately, their own lives.
The Personal Assistant is required to assist a young man with a disability. The successful candidate will receive training and development in line with the role. This role is suitable for a highly motivated and reliable individual who is committed to provide care and support to someone to live an independent life in their community. If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge and want to be part of a progressive organisation we would be delighted to receive an application from you.
About the role:
Based on Carlow/Wicklow/Wexford border. This is a person-centred role that involves assisting a young man with intellectual and physical disabilities to thrive in his own environment.
- Part Time Position including weekend and holiday cover
- Competitive rates of Pay
- Training is offered as part of the job
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide personal care duties
- Food prep & meal planning, keep a homely environment,
- Attending and assisting to community outings and social activities and events when needed.
- To undertake other work that may be assigned from time to time
Essential for the role :
- Healthcare or Social Care degree, or equivalent experience in home care
- Full clean driver’s license
- Ability to create plans & activities that will enable positive daily living.
- Have a cheerful, caring, positive and dependable personality.
- Excellent communication skills with a positive nature
- An understanding of disability and philosophy of Independent Living
Please note: Applicants for the position must provide suitable references and employment offers are contingent on the completion of Garda Vetting
This is a great opportunity for anyone who enjoys using their own initiative in creating a homely environment.
Contact details: Email CV to email@example.com
Phone between 9-6pm 0876535778
For more information on our organisation please visit our website - https://www.theatnetwork.com/