County Wicklow Partnership: Outdoor Recreation Strategy Activation Officer
Outdoor Recreation Strategy Activation Officer
Wicklow Outdoor Recreation Committee (WORC) is a Wicklow County Council led group was first established in 2009 to coordinate and develop Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure within the County. In recent times, the central focus of the Committee’s work is to oversee the development of the 2020-2025 Wicklow Outdoor Recreation Strategy. The Wicklow Outdoor Recreation Strategy is a five-year plan to consolidate Wicklow recreation infrastructure and drive Wicklow to the goal of being Ireland’s Adventure Capital.
To progress the development of this strategy and drive it to the next phase of its development is to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role of Outdoor Recreation Strategy Activation Officer. The role will centrally focus on coordinating the key actions of the plan in concert with the members of the WORC.
In particular, the role will focus on:
- Ensuring that the Wicklow Outdoor Recreation Committee is formalised as an entity and to create a structure under which outdoor recreation is managed in Co Wicklow.
- The management of interagency relationships will be vital to ensure momentum and progress are maintained.
- The Introduction of work plans around Wicklow Outdoor Recreation Strategy with identified leads, targets and metrics.
- Strategically driving County Wicklow forward as Ireland’s adventure Capital.
- Support of the Outdoor Infrastructure Recreation projects in County Wicklow.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, can work as part of a team and a commitment to working in partnership with statutory, voluntary and community bodies
Qualifications / Experience: The ideal Candidate must possess:
- A recognised Honours Degree in Recreation Management, Sports Studies or Environmental Management.
- A project management qualification would be preferable.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a recreation or environmental management role.
- Car owner with full clean driving licence
The successful candidate will be employed in a full-time capacity (35 hours per week) on a 12-month contract. The successful candidate is required to serve a probationary three-month period. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The contract can be extended subject to funding and satisfactory performance. Short-listing of candidates may apply. A panel may be formed from which future positions may be filled.
Applications can be made using a CWP application form accompanied by a cover letter.
Only applications made on the official form will be considered.
A Curriculum Vitae will not be accepted as a valid application.
Application Form and Job Description can be requested by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon Wednesday, 1st June 2022
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview during the week beginning Monday, 20th June 2022
Completed application form and cover letter to be emailed to email@example.com
Canvassing in any form will disqualify
County Wicklow Partnership is an equal opportunities employer
County Wicklow Community Partnership CLG (CWP) is a Local Development Company and is a member of the WORC. CWP will act as the employer on behalf of the committee. As a local Development company, it delivers a range of social inclusion, enterprise, family support, employment and community development programmes for individuals and communities in County Wicklow.