Dublin Simon Community: Building Inspector Officer
Job Title: Building Inspector Officer
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response, and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership.
If you share our values and want to make a difference, then apply for this role with Dublin Simon Community and join the team!
About the role
To ensure all Simon Community Buildings are maintained through an effective and detailed auditing programme- identifying and implementing corrective actions. Implement an Asset Management strategy over a rolling 30-year lifecycle programme.
Reports to: Facilities Manager.
Contract Type – Full-time Permanent.
Working Hours –37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday.
Location: Smithfield, Dublin 7.
Salary: €31,000 - €33,000
Core Job Requirements
- Complete annual Stock Condition Survey with sinking fund improvement plan developed and implemented.
- Carry out annual building audits on all Independent units with the improvement plan developed and implemented.
- Carry out bi-annual audits on all Dublin Simon Community volunteers houses, staff accommodation, offices, shops and warehouse units with improvement plan developed and implemented.
- Complete quarterly audits of all Service Buildings including Emergency, treatment and Long term supported housing with improvement plan developed and implemented.
- Implement an Asset Management Strategy developing a rolling 30 year lifecycle programme of key components.
- This role may vary depending on the requirements of the organisation.
Essential aspects to the role
- Full unrestricted driver’s license.
- Excellent computers skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety in building.• Minimum of 3 years experience in an auditing / building / construction background.
- Experienced in writing detailed reports and action plans.
- Working with tight deadlines.
- Commitment to providing the highest levels of quality service.
- Respect for others.
- Openness to change.
- Commitment to best practice.
- Monitoring own performance and correcting as appropriate.
- Good communication.
- Commitment to health & safety.
- Committed to effective Professional Practice.
- Co-ordination and planning skills.
- Analysis & problem solving.
- Planning and organising.
- Initiative and taking responsibility
Core Competencies of all Dublin Simon Staff:
- Commitment to providing the highest levels of quality service
- Relating with respect and compassion
- Promoting diversity and equality
- Providing quality person-centered service
- Communicating effectively
- Resilience, positive outlook openness to change
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- Promoting person-centered care
- Building working relationships
- Effective professional practice, planning, organising, and problem-solving.
Benefits to working with Dublin Simon Community:
- 25 days annual leave
- 5% matched contribution to your pension
- Paid Sick Leave Policy
- Paid Maternity Leave Policy
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Commuter Travel Tax Savers Ticket
- 1st-week Comprehensive Training
- Progression Opportunities
Please note, if you are unsure of any of the requirements, contact the Recruitment Team on (01) 6354860
Application due date: 29/05/2022
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4860