Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreter: Manager
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (RISLI) Manager
Full Time, Permanent
Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (RISLI) is currently seeking to recruit a full time, permanent Manager based in offices in Dublin.
The Regulatory Centre for Irish Sign Language Interpreters Ireland CLG has been established for the purpose of maintaining the Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (RISLI), a voluntary, national, professional register. RISLI aims to:
- Establish and maintain a standards-based registration system for Irish Sign Language Interpreters to ensure protection primarily for the Deaf community and service providers.
- Set the standards for the provision of Irish Sign Language interpreting that all public bodies require.
- Support public bodies through access to a public register of interpreters.
- Support professional Irish Sign Language interpreters to meet and maintain standards.
- Promote social inclusion of Irish Sign Language users by supporting the use of registered interpreters including access to public bodies.
Key tasks for the post include:
- Responsible for the management and development of the national accreditation and registration scheme for Irish Sign Language (ISL) Interpreters in Ireland.
- Development and delivery of RISLI objectives, in line with the company’s strategy, legislative remit, service level agreements and action plan.
- Manage the staff, projects and resources allocated to RISLI.
The role involves the administration of RISLI including financial management, line management of an administrator and any future employees, human resources, facilities management and responsibility for health and safety.
The Manager will report to the Chair of the company Board of Directors in relation to employment and corporate governance matters, and to the Chair of the Panel for the Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (RISLI) in respect of accreditation, registration and associated matters.
This role requires excellent management, communication, leadership, guidance and administrative skills. Candidates are required to have a third level qualification relevant to the post (e.g. management, social studies, ISL etc.) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a managerial role in a similar environment. Less formal qualifications will be considered if candidates can demonstrate significant managerial experience (minimum 5 years) in a similar work environment.
Reports to: The Chair of the RISLI Board
- This is a full-time permanent position, subject to completion of a 6-month probationary period.
- The position will be based initially at Deaf Village Ireland, Ratoath Road, Cabra, Dublin 7, D07 W94H, Ireland, with a potential to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
- Salary scale: €44,078; €45,496; €46,915; €48,334; €48,869; €50,314; €53,022; €54,252; €55,744; €57,076, €57,879 (LSI1), €58,682 (LSI2)
- Salary Incremental Credit: RISLI operates an incremental credit process, on request, which is based on the information provided by applicants on their application form
Applications must be made on the relevant application form and sent to: email@example.com
(clearly marked “Application for RISLI Manager Position”)
Closing date: 17:00 20 May 2022 (late applications will not be accepted).
A detailed job description and application form can be accessed at: https://risli.ie/job-opportunity-risli-manager/.
For details on how your personal data will be used as part of this process our Data Protection Notice for Job Applicants is available at: https://risli.ie/about/policies/gdpr-and-date-protection/
RISLI is an equal opportunities employer