Family Carers Ireland: Caring Employers Promotions Officer
Caring Employers Promotions Officer
(Open to Public Competition)
Family Carers Ireland (FCI) is the national charity supporting over 500,000 family carers across the country who dedicate their lives to caring for loved ones such as children or adults with physical or intellectual disabilities, frail older people, those with palliative care needs or those living with chronic illnesses or addiction. We provide a range of services and supports for family carers through its 22 resource centres nationwide.
Family Carers Ireland has secured funding from The Dormant Accounts Fund to recruit a Caring Employers Promotions Officer who will assist in the development, management and implementation of the Caring Employers project for Family Carers Ireland (FCI), reporting to the Marketing Manager. Caring Employers is an innovative support initiative that aims to support family carers who juggle paid employment outside the home alongside a family caring role in the home. The programme seeks to work with companies to provide practical supports for their employees who are family carers with the key objective to keep family carers working. This exciting new role will require a research approach to identifying new Caring Employers member targets and opportunities as well as managing the annual calendar of events for each member company and the day-to-day relationship with the member organisation. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in engaging key stakeholders in cross-organisational activities and will be an excellent relationship manager. The role will also build on current member satisfaction and ensure retention and recruitment targets are being met and exceeded where possible.
Role Criteria: The successful candidate should possess the following essential Criteria.
- A degree in Marketing is preferable, but a degree in the following subjects may be particularly useful:
- Business or Management
- Minimum one years’ post-graduate experience in a professional environment;
- Understand, support and drive the vision and mission of Family Carers Ireland;
- Excellent IT skills- mainly MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, CRMs, Finance and HR reporting systems etc, and experience using virtual technologies such as Zoom, Teams etc.
- Full drivers’ licence, with access to car.
- Encourage team working and effective communication with colleagues;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work within a dynamic environment;
- Have an excellent eye for detail;
- Awareness in digital media techniques;
- Proven networking skills;
- Flexibility in attitude and approach to the job;
- A strong work ethic;
- Influencing and negotiation skills;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work collaboratively;
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced work environment.
Terms & Conditions: Fixed term contract up to December 31st 2022 (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday). The role will initially be based from home as per Covid-19 guidelines. Once it is allowable, the successful candidate may be based at one of Family Carers Ireland locations in the Leinster area. The salary for this role is €31,050 with an annual leave entitlement of 26 days per year.
Application Process - Applicants are invited to submit their up-to date CV and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the above criteria to email@example.com no later than Friday, January 28th 2022.
Family Carers Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This role is funded by The Dormant Accounts Fund.