Coolmine Therapeutic Community: Social Inclusion Case Worker (Part-Time)
Job Title: Social Inclusion Case Worker
Location: North County Dublin (Primarily Balbriggan)
Reports to: Community Day Services Manager
Hours: 28 Hours per week. Some out of hours may be required
Job Type: Part-Time, 12-month contract
Purpose: Coolmine SUSI Service will commit to providing substance use interventions in North County Dublin. the service is specific to the North Dublin Regional DATF area with particular focus on Balbriggan, Swords, Rush/Lusk, Donabate/Portrane and surrounding areas.
Contact Email: Vineet.email@example.com
Application Ref. HR/DUB/SDL/SICW/0122
- SUSI service will provide formal Assessment (using NDTRS, AUDIT, CUDIT, DUDIT) for substance use and use recognised care planning processes/templates
- SUSI will Provide substance use interventions in one to one or group settings within the RDATF area to support service users to address their problematic drug use using recognised tools (MI, CRA, CBT, Reduce the Use, Janus, SMART, etc.)
- SUSI will make onwards referrals to other services based on needs of service user which should include a range of services where available
- SUSI will provide case management and shared care where appropriate in line with national protocols
- SUSI will develop structured care plans
- SUSI will engage with the SUPPORT Service user engagement process in North Dublin RDATF
Role Responsibilities: (Include, but not limited to)
- Provide structured assessment, key working, care planning and case management support with travellers living in the North County Dublin area with complex health needs, including problematic substance use and/ or who are homeless (Who wish to engage with services). Provision of long term and short term key working and case management for clients as appropriate.
- Establish formal links with external services as appropriate and build relationships with them assist in networking, inter-agency referral and information sharing.
- Ensure that the client is involved in the development and implementation of their care plan.
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation, filing, statistics and paperwork are in line with the aims and standards of the project. Provide 1:2:1 support for clients, consulting with them and enabling them towards positive career plans.
- To carry out through assessments of client needs, identify and develop care plans within an ongoing key working system to identify and review the needs of the client to allow them to make informed decisions about their future.
- To make appropriate referrals to all internal and external services including initial assessment and primary treatment plan.
- Advocate and negotiate on behalf of the client for the delivery of services.
- Maintain professional and personal boundaries.
- To perform as a full team member supporting colleagues, participating in effective team meetings, attending supervision and client case reviews and being open reasonable requests from manager to ensure effective working relationships.
- To comply with all health and safety regulations and standard operating procedures relating to fire procedures, maintenance, critical incidents, safety for staff, etc. To ensure the effective safety and well being of all clients and staff.
- Participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with the line manager.
- To work within the policies of Coolmine Therapeutic Community to ensure that a consistent delivery of service, quality standards and best practice are always adhered to.
- Undertake other duties as and when requested by the team leader.
- Engage in local structures of the North Dublin Regional Drug & Alcohol Task Force such as the addiction Continuum Network and the others that may be requested.
- Minimum of Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Recognised diploma in counselling or addiction studies.
- Working towards IAAAC accreditation
- Two to three years’ experience working within the drug and alcohol field.
- Can understand the dynamics and interface between the individual and the community.
- Familiar with various models of rehabilitation, counselling, and recovery approaches.
- Experience of the implementation and evaluation of formal assessment, key working, care planning/Case management
- Experience of group facilitation.
- Has experience and understands the importance and implications of working as part of a team.
- Have significant experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team and interagency working within addiction services.
- Experience of working with Travellers would be a distinct advantage
Knowledge & Skills
- Has excellent communication and listening skills.
- Enjoys working with people, is approachable, and demonstrates warm and friendly mannerisms.
- Is clear and explicit about professional and personal boundaries.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Have a “can do” attitude and a positive solution focused approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Is not afraid or unwilling to take on the work or responsibilities that are expected from a client resident.
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Committed to meeting the needs of excluded and marginalised people.
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements should send their CV & cover letter with application reference code to Vineet Chaparala, HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote this application reference HR/DUB/SDL/SICW/0122
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 28th January 2022
Coolmine Therapeutic Community is an equal opportunities employer.