Clonmel Community Resource Centre: Family Support Worker
CLONMEL COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTRE
is seeking to appoint a
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER FULL TIME (37 hours)
The FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER, will join our enthusiastic and dedicated team to work with the wider community, striving to support children and families to achieve better outcomes and improved well-being.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals i.e. QQI level 7 family support or community development qualification minimum with at least 2 years employment in a relevant setting.
We are interested in a person who is motivated and interested in being a vital part of the intrinsic work of the Centre and its involvement with Tusla, HSE, other agencies and a wide range of community service providers.
Application is by CV with an accompanying letter of application to:-
Naomi Burke, Centre Manager, Clonmel Community Resource Centre,
Kickham Street, Clonmel, Co Tipperary E91 P2N5 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 28th January 2022 at 5pm
Shortlisting will apply
Clonmel Community Resource Centre is an Equal Opportunities Employer
FAMILY SUPPORT AND SOCIAL ENTERPRISE IN THE COMMUNITY FOR THE COMMUNITY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To engage with parents and families
- To develop a respectful relationship building trust allowing the worker to appropriately support them.
- To use a strengths-based approach with clients
- To support parents/families to build on strengths and empower them to engage effectively with services and when seeking opportunities
- To implement the Meitheal model in order to achieve better outcomes for children, young people and their families.
- To identify local and emerging needs to assist in delivering suitable programmes
- Provide a range of evidence-based programmes to enhance skill development and build capacity.
- Monitor and evaluate programmes delivered.
- Keep track of new developments in Family Support and working methods
- Build relationships with local community service providers and agencies
- Participate in relevant meetings, steering groups and networks where CCRC & TUSLA recommend
- Promote CCRC family support services and Meitheal to potential service users and the wider community.
- Ensure that the protection and welfare of children is paramount, and be aware of, and implement, Child safeguarding policies and procedures where required.
- Adopt the policies and procedures of the organisation
- Maintain accurate, professionally written and electronic records and reports of the work undertaken.
- Adhere to policy, professional boundaries ethics and good practice when working with families and communities.
- Be a part of the team in the best interests of the Clonmel Community Resource Centre by being involved in activities and encouraging service users to participate.
- To undertake other reasonable tasks that may be requested by Management