Fighting Blindness: Advocacy Officer
Hours: Part Time (3 days per week)
Starting date: Immediate
Reporting to: Head of Advocacy and Communications
Location: Dublin / Remote hybrid model
Desirable qualifications and skills
- Educated to third level in a relevant discipline
- Proven interest in health, social science, public policy and the not-for-profit sector
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Focus on accuracy, attention to detail and integrity in data management
- Working knowledge of practical GDPR implications
- Support the advocacy function of the organisation
- Administration of Fighting Blindness membership programme
- Maintain and update membership records
- Support member projects and activities
- Contribute to development of content for communications platforms
- Assist with queries from patients, members and the general public in relation to services, supports, access and other relevant matters
- Contribute to organisation of key Fighting Blindness events, such as AGM and Retina Conference
- Assist with organisation of advocacy meetings, producing accurate and timely minutes
Interested candidates should submit a copy of their curriculum vitae and cover letter to Anna Moran at email@example.com.
Closing Date: Friday 4 February 2022.
Fighting Blindness is an equal opportunities employer.