Dublin Simon Community: Facilities Coordinator
Job Purpose: Ensure all Simon Community projects regarding facilities and asset management are delivered to standard, in budget and within agreed timeframe.
Reports to: Senior Asset & Facilities Manager
Location: Based in Dublin City Centre but will require some travel to all Simon Community Properties in Dublin, Kildare, Meath, Wicklow, Cavan, Louth and Monaghan
Core Job Requirements
- Ensure delivery of projects regarding facilities and asset management are delivered to standard, in budget and within agreed time frame, to include but not exclusively:
- Building Works requests
- Capital upgrade requests and programmes
- Void works requests
- Coordination of projects conducted by Local Authorities we provide services in.
- Establishment of new projects and services
- Grant management, including SEAI, ad hoc
- Responding to EHO reports
- Management of planned works, cyclical works programmes
- Development and communication of Asset and Facilities management policy, procedure and guidelines.
- With Senior Asset and Facilities Manager, implement an Asset Management Strategy, including a rolling 30-year lifecycle programme of key components.
- This role may vary depending on the requirements of the organisation and this Job Description may be reviewed in line with the needs of the work.
- Commitment to the purpose of Dublin Simon Community and to work within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations
- To participate in regular supervision with your line manager
- To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice with your area of work and within Dublin Simon as a whole
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time
- To undertake your work in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Please note that the successful candidate must have a full unrestricted drivers’ licence.
Essential for the role:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in managing multiple Construction/Facilities projects
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety in building work
- Experienced in writing detailed reports and action plans.
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Strong credibility, and ability to influence at all levels with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Full unrestricted driving licence
Desirable for the role:
- Knowledge of building regulations
Core Competencies of all Dublin Simon Community Staff:
- Commitment to providing the highest levels of quality service
- Relating with respect and compassion
- Prompting diversity and equality
- Providing quality person-centered service
- Communicating effectively
- Resilience, positive outlook openness to change
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- Promoting person-centered care
- Building working relationships
- Effective professional practice, planning, organising, and problem-solving.
- Contract type: permanent,
- 25 days annual leave,
- 5% matched contribution to your pension,
- Paid Sick Leave Policy,
- Paid Maternity Leave Policy,
- Bike to Work Scheme,
- Commuter Travel Tax Savers Ticker,
- 1st-week Comprehensive Training.
Application due date: 26/01/2022
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4860