Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Outreach Project (D.R.O.P): Community Employment Supervisor (Maternity Cover)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown outreach Project wishes to recruit a Community Employment Supervisor, Maternity Cover for our Drug Rehabilitation Scheme. This scheme is funded through the Department of Social Protection.
Primary objectives of the scheme are:
- To provide persons in recovery from substance misuse issues with a programme that incorporates support and learning around rehabilitation, social and personal development, health & wellbeing, training, education and work experience opportunities.
- To facilitate progression on to further education, training and/or employment
The role of the CE Supervisor is to support participants of the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Outreach Project’s Drug Rehabilitation Programme to develop their personal, social and work related skills to enable them to participate fully within their community and work life.
Knowledge of Post
- Knowledge of the role of the Community Employment Supervisor within a Drug Rehabilitation Scheme
- Knowledge of addiction / rehabilitation and local services
- Experience of developing and implementing group programmes
- Awareness of the needs of clients on a drug rehabilitation scheme
- Knowledge of NDRIC Framework
- Two years previous experience working with substance misuse issues
- Three year experience supervising staff
- Previous experience in administration, and/or training delivery
- Previous group facilitation experience
- Must be capable of directing and motivating participants.
- Competent writing skills required
- Non-judgmental attitude
- Awareness of importance of professional boundaries
- Team work ethos
- Be articulate and assertive
Education & Training
- 3rd level (min Level 6) Qualification in substance misuse and/or related issues including rehabilitation.
- Major Award at 3rd Level (NFQ Level 6 or higher) in Business/Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources, Project Management or related disciplines.
- ICT skills essential (e.g. MS Office).
- Facilitation / group work qualification / training Qualification
To Apply send your CV and cover letter to Anthea Carry at firstname.lastname@example.org. Full job description can be downloaded from www.drop.ie/employment-vacancies. Shortlisting and Garda Vetting will apply. A panel will be formed.
Closing date for application is 5pm on Thursday 20th January 2022..