Irish Heart Foundation: Digital Fundraising Manager
Job Title: Digital Fundraising Manager
Reporting to: Commercial Director
The Irish Heart Foundation is the national charity dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. Today in Ireland more people die from heart and stroke-related illnesses than from cancer, road deaths and suicide combined.
Everything we do is dependent on the generosity of the public to continue our vital work. That’s why this role as Digital Fundraising Manager is crucial. If you’re creative, entrepreneurial, solutions focussed, detail hungry and passionate for a job that means something, read on.
We have entered an exciting new phase in fundraising and in the past 18 months have reimagined all of our traditional fundraising routes and channels. We know we’re only starting and are now building our digital fundraising expertise within the team to create something truly special. This is a job for someone with a track record of digital success who is ready to design and build a team of their own.
This role is responsible for the design, implementation, management and delivery of innovative digital fundraising strategy to acquire new supporters and deepen supporter engagement, whilst achieving income targets. This includes ensuring integrated digital campaign support across regular giving acquisition, cash appeals, loyalty communications and much more in the digital space.
You will work closely with the wider Fundraising, Marketing & Communications team to help achieve its targets in line with the team’s wider organisational and fundraising strategies.
- Develop and implement the digital fundraising strategy for continued growth in both regular and once-off gifts from digital efforts.
- Use innovative strategies on current and new platforms to drive commercial activities and revenue.
- Proactively optimize website donor journeys to improve conversion rate.
- Monitor and report ROI efforts and react accordingly.
- Continually optimise paid [donor] acquisition campaigns across digital media platforms (e.g. website, Facebook, Google, email, etc).
- Experience in delivering high revenue digital income targets.
- Experience in google analytics and data analysis involving Google, and CRM
- Proven experience in developing high level digital strategy as well as hands on implementation.
- Experience of running email marketing activity with the goal of increasing engagement and/or lifetime value.
- Demonstrable advanced experience of running Facebook, Google ads and paid search / SEM advertising campaigns at an equivalent level, including a solid understanding of how to set up and optimise campaigns to maximise results.
- Track record of sharing and embedding digital best practice, upskilling other staff.
- Customer-focused, passionate about delivering excellent user experience and cultivating long term relationships with supporters.
- Organised, strong project management skills, able to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Innovative, proactive, strong initiative – this role will involve identifying opportunities for digital fundraising projects and building business cases for them.
- Above all else, collaborative, inclusive, lively, positive and fun.
This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday. The role is based in the Irish Heart Foundation’s offices in Rathmines, Dublin.
At present, in line with Government guidelines, IHF has adopted a hybrid work policy of two days in the office (Monday is mandatory, with the second day as either Tuesday or Thursday). The remaining days can be worked remotely or in the office.
The above is a guide to the nature of the work required. It is not wholly comprehensive or restrictive. This job description will be reviewed in line with business needs.
To apply please provide by email to Siobhan Browne, HR Consultant Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae
- a cover letter outlining how you suit the post
- reference to any of your current or past digital campaigns including the URLs
The closing date for this position is Friday 10th December 2021.
The Irish Heart Foundation is an equal opportunities employer. The Irish Heart Foundation has a no smoking policy. Employees are not permitted to smoke whilst undertaking any duties on behalf of the Foundation.