Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy: Accreditation Officer
Job Title: Accreditation Officer
Reporting To: Accreditation Supervisor
Liaising With: IACP Committees
Contract Term: Permanent
Responsible for the coordination, administration and certification of Professional Accreditation memberships (Therapist, Supervisor & Course categories), applications and maintenance of individual membership records. The Accreditation Officer works to ensure that the IACP’s strategic goals in the area of Professional Accreditation are met.
Accreditation Officer liaises with IACP Sub-committees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide helpful, accurate and prompt advice and guidance to existing & potential members on membership issues
- Provide helpful, accurate and prompt advice and guidance to potential supervisors on supervision membership issues and to ensure that membership procedures are correctly followed and updated as necessary in order to meet requirements
- Provide helpful, accurate and prompt advice and guidance to course providers on course accreditation membership issues and to ensure that accreditation procedures are correctly followed and updated as necessary in order to meet requirements
- Clearing relevant applications for accreditation
- Coordinating relevant paperwork for presentation to IACP Sub-Committees and minute taking
- Verifying Supervisor Report Forms
- Confirming applicant’s eligibility for membership
- Liaising with the Accreditation Supervisor on the day-to-day handling of accreditation / supervision enquiries
- Ensure that membership procedures are correctly followed and updated as necessary in order to meet requirements
- Contribute, as directed, to developing new membership initiatives
- Assist with enquiries about professional categories of membership and manage the related correspondence and administration as applicants proceed through the membership and accreditation process
- Maintain accurate member details on the database and make necessary changes to member contacts details and qualifications both on the database and on the website (where necessary)
- Attendance at staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Line Manager
- A third level qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative / regulatory role
- Knowledge of and/or interest in education and training delivery
- Excellent timekeeping and pattern of attendance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, demonstrating extensive experience of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- A completer-finisher
- Highly-motivated self-starter with initiative to make things happen
- Have a calm confident and helpful telephone manner
- Creative and lateral thinker
- Excellent organisational skills, and ability to effectively prioritise time and work
- Ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with other organisations and individuals.
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Very organised
- Knowledge of and interest in Counselling and Psychotherapy / mental health
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector in some capacity or other
- Experience working with “Salesforce” or another CRM system
- Full, clean driving licence
Remuneration and conditions:
The person will report to the Accreditation Supervisor and will be based in IACP’s Head Office in Dun Laoghaire, although some days will be able to work remotely. Starting salary will be between €25-29,000 depending on experience. Some travel may be required to attend events and meetings.
Please send a current Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter outlining why you meet the needs of this role and send it by email by midday on December 8th, 2021 for the attention of the IACP Operations Manager to: JobVacancies@iacp.ie
IACP is an equal opportunities employer.
In order to eliminate conflicts of interest the person appointed should not have any current or recent (last 2 years) involvement in any Counselling, Psychotherapy or Supervision training course.