Enable Ireland: Transport & Maintenance Coordinator
Would you like the opportunity to work with a leading Irish national voluntary organisation?
Enable Ireland is a leading national voluntary organisation which provides family support services for people with disabilities and their families, in partnership with the HSE and other State and voluntary agencies.
We require dedicated professionals who are committed to providing the highest quality services possible to service users. We offer a challenging career as part of our integrated team approach to delivering services.
We have an exciting opportunity for Transport & Maintenance Coordinator based Limerick Adult Services, Quinn’s Cross, Mungret, Co Limerick
Contract Status: Permanent Full Time 37 Hours per week
The Transport and Maintenance Coordinator will be responsible for the operation of the Quinn’s Cross transport service including: completion of weekly transport schedule, line management of assigned transport staff and responsibility for their supervision, training and development.
They will also be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the premises at Quinn’s Cross and the transport fleet, while liaising with key stakeholders and ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety Legislation.
They will act as Health & Safety competent person for the Quinn’s Cross services and manage the stock take and ordering of PPE supplies for the Midwest region.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities – Please see Job description for full list of duties
- 3 years experience in working in a similar operational role
- Experience managing staff and staff rosters
- Must have a full class B licence
- The ability to multi task.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Health & Safety qualification (desirable)
- People management qualification desirable
- Trades qualification
- D1 licence
- Experience working with people with disabilities or a similar environment
- Wheelchair clamping training
In the event of a high volume of applicants Desirable Criteria may be applied in the shortlisting process
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with our organisation and have the relevant experience/skills required for the role.
If you are considering this role and have queries we strongly advise you to contact Dolores Ryan to make informal enquiries by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 061- 301830
Please download a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Employment Application Form and forward the completed application form to: Edel Godley by email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12pm Monday 6th December 2021
Interview Date: Week of 14th December via Microsoft Teams Video Link
Please note a panel may be formed for any similar vacancies which may arise during the next 12 months.
(Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland Application Form only. CV’s will not be accepted)
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
- The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant
- Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment
Please review the Enable Ireland’s External Data Protection Notice available at https://www.enableireland.ie/privacy-policy1 for details on how Enable Ireland processes applicant’s personal information. Please note if you are invited for interview, we will share your personal data with (1) Any virtual service provider we use to host the interview and (2) the interview panel (if applicable). Your information will be stored for this purpose in line with our retention policy (see Enable Ireland’s Information Management Policy.