Saint Aidans Day Care Centre: Social Care Workers (Permanent)
Social Care Worker - Permanent Positions
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Social Care Workers to join our residential Services. As a Social Care Worker, you will be involved in enabling the people we support to live full meaningful lives within their community. Supporting people to develop valued social roles and helping them to achieve their good life. Whilst also encouraging the maintenance and development of relationships with family and friends. Working hours will include a variety of shifts over a 7 day period, hours averaging from 25 to 35 hours per week.
Key Responsibilities & requirements:
- To support the Residential Manager/Person in Charge with all aspects of the effective running of the residential service.
- To facilitate and implement a person-centered approach for the people we support appropriate to their wishes and goals
- To promote a Human Rights Based Approach to working with the people we support. Ensuring that the individual, or their decision support maker, are actively involved in the decision-making process.
- Ensuring that the people we support are treated with dignity and respect in all areas of their care and support.
- To actively seek new interests and opportunities for the people we support to develop meaningful roles in their communities
- To ensure the best possible health and wellbeing of the people we support in all areas of their lives including health and personal care.
- To assist in skills development and confidence building of the people we support.
- Good communication skills and the ability to understand and support people who communicate their needs in different ways.
- Have a knowledge of the HIQA regulations and standards
- Experience of creative problem-solving techniques
- Enthusiasm, energy and creativity
- MAPA experience or equivalent
- Understanding and experience of therapeutic interventions
- Experience in alternative communications
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Have the ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet and responsible manner
- Excellent IT and report writing skills
- To drive the company vehicle
- Be flexible to work a variety of rostered shifts over a seven-day work period
- Hold degree in Social Care or Foreign Equivalent (validated by QQI)
- One to three years post qualification experience of working with adults with intellectual disability.
- Must hold a full clean driving licence and be willing to drive company vehicles
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Resilience and empathy
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility in work duties and working hours
- Respect the dignity and privacy of service the people we support
- Strong planning and organisational skills
To Apply: Email your CV and cover letter referencing the Job Ref No.
SASCW-CR/OK2411/21 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short listing of candidates will apply
A panel may be formed from this campaign from which further vacancies which may arise will be filled.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is: 9th December 2021
St. Aidan’s Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer