Saint Aidans Day Care Centre: Care Assistants (Permanent)
Care Assistant Permanent Positions
We have a number of vacancies for Care Assistants across our day and residential services. We are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our services. Candidates must be highly motivated, creative and experienced with a passion for engaging with service users on a daily basis. Working hours will include a variety of shifts over a seven-day work period.
Job Ref No.: SAOACA2411/21 - This is a 2 week roster of 56 hours averaging at 28 hours per week in our residential service. Working hours will include evenings and weekends. To meet the needs of this service, this position is only open to female applicants over the age of 25 years. They must hold a full clean driving licence and be willing to drive company vehicles (company insurance only provides cover to over 25 year olds).
Job Ref No.: SAWO/CLCA2411/21 – Full time positions in residential services working a variety of shifts over a seven-day work period.
Job Ref No.: SADS2411/21 – Full and part-time positions across our day services.
- To support the Person in Charge with all aspects of the effective running of the service.
- To facilitate and implement a person-centered approach for our Service Users appropriate to their wishes and goals
- To promote and protect the rights of our service users in a manner that respects their dignity, their right to make choices and their privacy
- To actively seek new interests and opportunities for our service users to develop meaningful roles in their communities
- To ensure the overall wellbeing of service users in all areas of their lives including health and personal care
- To assist in the teaching of life skills in cooking, budgeting, cleaning & building confidence
- Understanding and experience of therapeutic interventions
- Experience/knowledge of dealing with behaviours that challenge
- Experience/knowledge of the HIQA regulations and standards
- Experience/knowledge of New Directions
- Experience/knowledge and understanding of support plans
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Experience of creative problem-solving techniques
- Have the ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet and responsible manner
- Excellent IT and report writing skills
- Be flexible to work a variety of rostered shifts over a seven-day work period
- Applicant must hold a Qualification in Health Care at FETAC Level 5 or higher or Foreign Equivalent (validated by QQI) required
- 6 months paid experience of working with people with an Intellectual Disability
- Hold a full driving licence and be willing to drive company vehicles is essential.
- Be flexible to work a variety of rostered shifts over a seven-day work period e.g. day, evening and weekends.
To Apply: Email your CV and cover letter referencing the Job Ref No. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short listing of candidates will apply
A panel may be formed from this campaign from which further vacancies which may arise will be filled.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is: 9th December 2021
St. Aidan’s Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer