Saint Aidans Day Care Centre: Social Care Leader / House Lead x 2
We currently have an exciting opportunity for two Social Care Leaders/House Leads to join our residential Services. You will be involved in enabling the people we support to live full meaningful lives within their community. Supporting people to develop valued social roles and helping them to achieve their good life. Whilst also encouraging the maintenance and development of relationships with family and friends.
Job Ref No. SASCLRC2411/21 This is a lone working position. Working hours will be variable including day shifts, evening shifts, sleepovers, and weekends. It is a 3 week roster of 78 hours averaging at 26 hours per week. To meet the needs of this service, this position is only open to male applicants. Must hold a full clean driving licence and be willing to drive company vehicles (company insurance only provides cover to over 25 year olds).
Job Ref No. SASCLCR2411/21 Working hours will be variable including day shifts, evening shifts and weekends. It is a two week roster of 74 hours averaging at 37 hours per week. Must hold a full clean driving licence and be willing to drive company vehicles (company insurance only provides cover to over 25 year olds).
Key Responsibilites & Requirements:
- To support the Residential Manager/Person In Charge with all aspects of the effective running of the residential/ designated centre.
- As House Lead Submit weekly, monthly & quarterly reports to the Residential Manager.
- Complete and maintain the roster and premiums and all administrative records as required for approval by the Residential Manager, allocate staff leave.
- Co-ordinate compliance practices in the home, including checks and audits.
- Support HIQA notification requirements.
- Carry out the role of Safeguarding Designated Officer DO – To attend DO training, to achieve DO certification, to be a member of the DO team, providing DO support to the organisation.
- Have experience in Safeguarding Policies & Procedures for both adults & children
- Manage finances & oversee the adults finances.
- Have the ability to manage motivate and supervise staff
- To co-operate fully with the introduction and implementation of performance management.
- To facilitate and implement a person-centered approach for the individuals appropriate to their wishes
- To promote and protect the rights of the individuals in a manner that respects their dignity, their right to make choices and their privacy
- Have a managerial approach in leading, directing and motivating staff.
- Have knowledge & experience of HIQA regulations, standards & inspections.
- Experience of dealing with behaviours that challenge
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Experience of creative problem-solving techniques
- Enthusiasm, energy and creativity
- Have the ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet and responsible manner
- Be flexible to work a variety of rostered shifts over a seven-day work period
- To drive the company vehicle
Qualifications & experience:-
- Hold a Degree in Social Care or Foreign Equivalent (validated by QQI) qualification required.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year’s post qualification experience as Social Care Leader in the area of Intellectual Disabilities working with Adults.
- Certificate in Management desirable.
- Must hold a full clean driving licence and be willing to drive company vehicles (company insurance only provides cover to over 25 year olds).
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal, communication & organisational skills
- Proficient in record keeping & report writing
- Have ability of ensuring the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Flexible approach to service provision
- Acceptable standard of English both written & oral
- Computer literate
To Apply: Email your CV and cover letter referencing the Job Ref No. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short listing of candidates will apply
A panel may be formed from this campaign from which further vacancies which may arise will be filled.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is: 9th December 2021
St. Aidan’s Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer