Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: Social Housing Scheme Officer (Gorey)
Social Housing Scheme Officer (Gorey)
Reference No: SHSOGSE1121
Location: Gorey, Co. Wexford
Duration: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Published: Wednesday 24th November 2021
Closing Date: 4 pm Wednesday 8th December 2021
The Housing Scheme Officer will have overall responsibility for housing and tenant management at the SVP Housing Scheme in Gorey. This includes providing support, guidance and assistance to tenants and ensuring the effective day to day operation, maintenance, and administration of the housing scheme
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Job Holder should be educated to at least diploma level in a social care/ social housing management or related discipline or demonstrate at least 2 years equivalent knowledge and experience in a housing management environment.
- Experience in the community / voluntary sector/housing / social care environment
- Experience of working with a wide range of people who are: vulnerable, homeless, elderly, low-income households
- Experience of working with other social landlords, statutory and voluntary agencies
- Experience of core housing management tasks (allocations, resident’s associations, rent collection, repairs, tenancy management)
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills. Good written communication skills.
- General office administration skills
- Computer literacy with experience that includes word-processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, and internet.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Social Housing management practice and administration
- Best Practices in Social Care
- Housing legislation as it relates to the Social Housing Sector
- Housing Law/tenancy agreements
- Record keeping
Life at SVP – Why work for us?
- 23 days annual leave to start
- Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
- 2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
- Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
- Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
- Education Support for job relevant courses
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer