Possibilitiesplus: Support Worker (Part-Time)
PART-TIME SUPPORT WORKER POSITION
Terms: 1 Year Fixed Term
Possibilitiesplus is part of Dara Community Living and designs and co-manages individualised service arrangements for people with intellectual disabilities to live an ordinary life in their community.
About the Position: 20hrs per week
Working 1:1 with a young man to help him to source a meaningful part-time job, develop his competencies, independence and social skills and broaden his social outlets and networking opportunities in his local community.
You should be:
- Able to build strong, collaborative relationships with the person they are supporting and their families
- A good community connector, outgoing, energetic and confident about sharing practical knowledge and teaching new skills
- Able to help the person implement their own person-centred plan
- Calm, adaptable, intuitive and patient with a sense of humour
- Creative, good at taking the initiative and planning in a reliable and flexible manner
- Organized, professional with sound common sense
- An excellent communicator with excellent spoken and written English
A full, clean driving licence is required for this position. Full induction and training provided.
Applications: Please send an up-to-date CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: No later than 5pm on Friday 3rd December 2021
Shortlisting will apply, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Dara Community Living is an equal opportunities employer