ALONE: Training Coordinator- Hi Digital
Training Coordinator- Hi Digital
ALONE is a national organisation that strives to enable older people to age at home, safely and securely, for as long as they wish. ALONE work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, frail or ill, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties. The organisation provides an integrated system of support coordination, practical supports, befriending, a variety of phone services, social prescribing, housing with support and assistive technology.
This full time role involves working as a Training Coordinator ALONE’s Hi Digital Programme which has been funded by the Vodafone Foundation. This role involves delivering a Train the Trainer Digital Skills Programme across Ireland to both organisations and volunteers to help them support older people improve their digital skills. This will be done through both in-person and virtual training workshops.
The Training Coordinator will facilitate and run all the workshops. There will be national travel at least 1 day per week for the first 6 months.
The Training Coordinator will report directly to the Project Manager of the Hi Digital Programme.
- Assist in the design of the Train the Trainer Digital Skills Programme content; both offline and online versions
- Deliver ALONE’s Train the Trainer Digital Skills Programme through in-person workshops nationwide and online workshops to organisation supporting older people and volunteers
- Develop a feedback tool and collate the feedback from all sessions
- Gathering photos, videos and case studies from organisations and volunteers for communications to ensure the impact of the project is publicised
- Adapt training according to feedback and learning from participants
- Continue to support organisations participating post-workshops and continuously seek out opportunities to enhance the programme
- Support the Project Manager in contacting third parties/vendors for the suitable location of in-person workshops
- Contact community organisations across Ireland who will participate in workshops
- Conduct presentations on the Hi Digital Programme with a range of stakeholders
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Background
- Educated to degree level and relevant experience
- Full clean drivers licence is essential for this role and use of your own car is required.
- Self-motivated and energetic person
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
- High level of communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network effectively with individuals and groups within ALONE and external to ALONE is essential
- Experience in training is essential
- Good computer literacy required.
- Excellent organisational skills are desirable.
- Interest in digitals skills and learning would be beneficial
- Understanding of the not for profit sector would be beneficial.
General Requirements for all ALONE staff
- Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence.
- Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence based approach.
- Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- Keep all records, data and reports up-to-date.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ALONE’s Quality Management Systems.
Our core values are Compassionate, Honest, Innovative, Effective
The position is full-time and dependent on annual funding. We work a minimum 35-hour work-week in a good environment. The location of this role is ALONE head office, Olympic house, Dublin 8.
The salary for this role will be €27,000 to €34,000, depending on experience. All staff support fundraising communications and campaigns. These terms are subject to change.
Please send a letter of motivation and your CV to email@example.com. The position remains open until filled.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website please at www.alone.ie