Ballymun Child and Family Resource Centre: Social Prescribing Link Worker
Ballymun Child and Family Resource Centre
is seeking a full time
Social Prescribing Link Worker
The Ballymun Child and Family Resource Centre was established in 2015. BCFRC recognises that all individuals and families in our society and community have equal rights. The centre works from an ethos of equality, fairness and justice for all families living in the community. BCFRC works towards the elimination of barriers preventing active participation and involvement of families in the community. BCFRC recognises individual needs and the potential of people to determine their own destiny.
BCFRC has been contracted by HSE to act as a host organisation for the employment of a Social Prescribing Link Worker as part of the Sláintecare Healthy Communities Initiative. This Initiative is focused on the implementation of an enhanced Health and Wellbeing Programme within areas that have the greatest levels of disadvantage and highest proportion of young families to deliver evidence informed services to improve local population health and wellbeing outcomes.
The Social Prescribing Link Worker will report to the BCFRC Centre Manager and will be responsible for working with individuals on a one-to-one basis to improve health and wellbeing as well as working in partnership with health professionals and the community and voluntary sector. Social prescribing involves referral from a healthcare professional and agreed referral to a local community activity or service following a consultation with the referred person.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following.
- Third level qualification in community development, health promotion or a related field,
- A minimum of three years’ experience in community development, health promotion, or related field,
- Experience of supporting people in a 1:1 or group capacity and,
- Experience building relationships across a variety of organisations.
- They will have knowledge and experience of reducing health inequalities, excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills a as well as a commitment to a quality service.
They will also have a full driving licence and their own transport.
Garda vetting will apply.
The salary scale is HSE Grade V. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Application by letter and C.V. should be submitted by email to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday, December 3rd, 2021
Interviews will be held Tuesday, December 14th.
BCFRC is an Equal Opportunities Employer.