St Cronan’s Association: Job Coach (Ability Programme)
Vacancy – Job Coach (Ability Programme)
Fixed term contract to 31st December 2022 - Open to public competition
St Cronan’s Association provides day supports to more than 140 adults with intellectual disability through our centres in Roscrea, Birr, Nenagh, Templemore and Newport.
Following a successful application for funding to the Pobal Dormant Accounts Programme, we are delighted to extend the duration of our Ability Programme to support 18 individuals to achieve their volunteering, employment and/or educational aspirations. This innovative programme will be carried out in collaboration with local employers and community organisations across Tipperary, Offaly and Laois.
We are now recruiting a Job Coach who will work with the Ability Programme Co-Ordinator to implement the programme with a focus on providing specific training and mentoring to programme participants as they assume volunteering or work experience roles in their communities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated dynamic person to join the Ability team. Programme
To support the delivery of the Ability programme with a focus on providing specific training and mentoring to adults with intellectual disability as they assume volunteering or work experience roles in their communities. The role will include delivery of training, direct support of individuals on placement and task analysis as required.
The successful candidate will be required to possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A primary QQI Level 7+ degree in a relevant area.
- Experience working in vocational rehabilitation / job coaching / securing work experience placements for people.
- Understanding of the needs of people with disabilities and an understanding of New Directions and person centered approaches to support.
- Understanding of employment in the context of disability with some experience of job / role / task analysis and adaptation (using apps / visual schedules).
- Prepared to work in a variety of environments to support participants.
- Understanding of quality systems, risk assessment, safeguarding and health and safety.
- Fluency in English with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Strong ICT skills.
- A strong work ethic.
- A full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle (travel expenses will be reimbursed).
In addition to the above, a Train the Trainer or Supported Employment Qualification and experience in a similar role is advantageous.
Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time role - 37 hours per week. Fixed term contract to 31st December 2022. Salary €33,259 per annum. Immediate start available. 21 days annual leave. Probationary period applies. Company pension scheme. Free parking.
The successful candidate will be based in either Nenagh or Roscrea depending on their preference. Travel will be required across our network of Centres and throughout Offaly, Limerick and Tipperary depending on placements sourced.
Application by CV and cover letter to Kathleen McLoughlin, Services Manager, St Cronan’s Association, Grange, Roscrea or email email@example.com before 12 noon December 7th 2021
Your cover letter should outline how your qualifications and experience match the essential and desirable criteria in the attached job description and why you consider yourself to the right person for this role.
St Cronan’s Association is an equal opportunities employer.
This position is part of the St Cronan’s Ability Programme. This programme was approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund.