Novas: Night Support Worker (20 hours per week) - McGarry House
Novas is a voluntary organisation and Approved Housing Body working with families, children and single adults who are disadvantaged and socially excluded; primarily those who are homeless or at risk of being homeless. We provide a range of housing, health and recovery services and accommodation for marginalised households throughout Ireland primarily using a trauma informed approach (all staff are trauma informed and trained) and a harm reduction model of support. We also provide bespoke community based supported living services for persons that find themselves homeless with complex support requirements on both the Intellectual Disability and Mental Health spectrums.
Novas are currently seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team as Night Support Worker at our McGarry House located in Limerick City. The successful candidates will be afforded necessary training and development in line with the role.
Position: Night Support Worker (20 hours per week)
Where: McGarry House, Limerick City.
Contract: Permanent (subject to funding)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Third level qualification – minimum Level 5 on NFQ – in Social Care or related discipline – see job description for details of acceptable related disciplines
- Availability to work waking night shifts
- An understanding of the nature of homelessness and the needs of people experiencing homelessness
- An ability to work in a service where clients have multiple complex needs
- A good understanding of the harm reduction model
- A good working knowledge of relevant local services
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good conflict resolution skills
- A commitment to preventing and managing challenging behaviour
- A commitment to working from a trauma-informed perspective
- An openness to change
- Full clean driving license
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information. Closing Date for receipt of completed application forms is 3rd December 2021. Please note that Novas intend to form a panel of successful applicants from which to fill future vacancies.
For further information please visit http://www.novas.ie/work-with-us/. Please complete the application form and return it to email@example.com Novas is committed to ensuring that children, young people and vulnerable adults are kept safe from harm. As a consequently, Garda Vetting will be carried out for all Novas staff. Garda Vetting is part of the Novas recruitment and selection process and a pre-employment requirement. Please note that Novas intend to form a panel of successful applicants from which to fill future vacancies.
Benefits: Access to supports such as Support and Supervision, external supervision if required and Psychological First Aid. Staff receive a wide variety of on-the-job training, with core training including First Aid, Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, MAPA (Management of Actual and Potential Aggression), Overdose Response and Naloxone Administration. They gain a wide range of experience on the front-line- this can act as a springboard for other career opportunities within Novas.