Rivervalley Community Centre: Community Centre Manager
Rivervalley Community Centre
Rivervalley Swords Co Dublin
Community Centre Manager
The centre operates a POBAL Community Services Program and is run as a social enterprise. The community centre is located in Rivervalley Swords County Dublin, and has operated as a core resource within the community supporting a range of local community based groups, actions and initiatives such as childcare, adult education, sport and recreational activities and health and wellbeing.
The Mission of Rivervalley Community Centre is to “promote the delivery of social, educational, recreational, sporting activities and key services to the local community”
The centre opens 7 days a week subject to demand. We are seeking to recruit a Community Centre Manager. The Centre Manager will ensure the effective and efficient management and co-ordination of the human, financial and social enterprise, and report to the Board of management of Rivervalley Community Centre.
Essential qualifications - Candidates must have the following;
- A 3rd level qualification in Business/Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources, facility management, Project Management or related disciplines. (Experience in lieu of qualification may be considered).
- Minimum of 3 years staff management experience.
- Candidates should also have a good understanding of adult and community education in a community-based setting.
- Business development and marketing experience
- High level of organisation skills essential
- ICT skills are also essential (e.g. MS Office).
- Be proficient with all aspects of payroll.
- Have good accounting skills.
The ideal Candidate should have the following;
- Capacity to create new opportunities to grow and develop the social enterprise
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, have good leadership, facilitation and teamwork skills
- capacity to initiate and develop a strong teamwork ethic and the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent report writing and experience in bookkeeping
- Experience of working in a community / volunteering setting
- Experience of project management including administration and budget management;
- Ability to access funding and deal with funders, ensure the provision of an efficient financial and accounting system in line with the CE corporate governance requirement as directed by the Board/Sponsor Body
- Good personal motivation and initiative
- Community Development experience is desirable
- Good familiarity with developing and the use of social media platforms
- Strong communicator
- Strong computer literacy essential, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- capacity to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds, agencies and sectors;
Terms and Conditions - this is a full-time position (subject to funding) - 39 hours per week (excluding lunch), based on annual contract may include evening and weekend work. A copy of the Job description is available on request.
Letter of application and CV must sent by email to email@example.com
Closing Date; 16/12/2021