ALONE: Project Manager- Hi Digital
Project Manager- Hi Digital
ALONE is a national organisation that strives to enable older people to age at home, safely and securely, for as long as they wish. ALONE work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, frail or ill, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties. The organisation provides an integrated system of support coordination, practical supports, befriending, a variety of phone services, social prescribing, housing with support and assistive technology.
This full time role involves working as a Project Manager to manage ALONEs partnership with the Vodafone Foundation. The Project manager will be the operational lead for the Hi Digital Programme which has been funded by the Vodafone Foundation. The Hi Digital Programme will encompass ALONE delivering a Train the Trainer Digital Skills Programme across Ireland to both organisations and volunteers to help them support older people improve their digital skills.
The role will initially focus heavily on planning out the next 5 years and organising both in person and virtual training workshops and ensuring targets for workshop participation will be met. This will be done by engagement with community groups and organisations across the country, thus partnership and communication skills are key for this role.
The Project Manager will be supported by Training Coordinator who will facilitate and run all the workshops.
The Project Manager will report directly to the Head of Strategic relationships
- Assist in the design of the Train the Trainer Digital Skills Programme content; both offline and online versions
- Plan and co-ordinate the delivery of ALONE’s Train the Trainer Digital Skills Programme
- Develop a project plan to monitor and track progress
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan
- Manage the operational relationship with the Vodafone Foundation
- Work collaboratively with all the partners on the project and continuously seek out opportunities to enhance the programme
- Coordinate third parties/vendors for the suitable location of in-person workshops
- Develop a process and tools for measuring attendance and impact in terms of older people subsequently supported and trained in digital skills
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Contact community organisations across Ireland who will participate in workshops
- Conduct presentations on the Hi Digital Programme with a range of stakeholders
- Manage the relationship with all relevant key stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet budgetary objectives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Manage the Training Coordinator
- Manage all incoming queries to the digitalskills mailbox and delegate accordingly
Skills and Background
- Educated to degree level and relevant experience working in the sector.
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission is essential.
- Understanding of the not for profit sector is essential
- High level of communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network effectively with individuals and groups within ALONE and external to ALONE is essential
- Previous experience in project management experience is desirable
- Good computer literacy required. Excellent organisational skills, report writing, managing meetings and multi-tasking is desirable.
- Interest in digitals skills and learning would be beneficial
General Requirements for all ALONE staff
- Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence.
- Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence based approach.
- Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- Keep all records, data and reports up-to-date.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ALONE’s Quality Management Systems.
Our core values are Compassionate, Honest, Innovative, Effective
The position is full-time and dependent on annual funding. We work a minimum 35-hour work-week. The location of this role is flexible, with full-time remote working an option, but occasional travel will be required.
The salary will be €37,000- €43,000 depending on experience. All staff support fundraising communications and campaigns. These terms are subject to change.
Please send a letter of motivation and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position remains open until filled.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website please at www.alone.ie