An Chistin - Enterprise Castlerea: L.T.I Assistant Coordinator
L.T.I Assistant Coordinator
Reporting to: Enterprise Castlerea Limited
Location: An Chistin, Castlerea, Co Roscommon
Enterprise Castlerea is establishing a panel for future vacancies in Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator roles at An Chistin, Castlerea.
The position of L.T.I Coordinator and assistant Coordinator involves the Co-ordinator in the delivery and coordination of training on a Galway / Roscommon Education and Training Board supported Local Training Initiative. This is a 48 week course for up to 14 learners. The position includes managing and supporting the participants on the Local Training Initiative and ensuring participants receive the required training to acquire a QQI Level 5 Professional Cookery Award and develop other necessary skills, including personal skills.
The Major award is: Professional Cookery
- Culinary Techniques
- Meal Service
- Pastry, Baking and desserts
- Menu Planning and applied Nutrition
- Personal effectiveness
- Work Practice
- Food Science and Technology
- Word Processing
- International Cuisines
- Provide Training to course participants.
- Assist in the promotion and recruitment of participants for the programme
- Assist in the provision of on-going support to learners to ensure they benefit from and successfully complete the programme
- General administrative tasks associated with the design, delivery and evaluation of modules for the LTI
- Take part in regular meetings to develop on-going work plans / schedules to ensure smooth management of the project
- Assist in the provision of individual support and evaluation to all course participants
- Liaise with a range of local stakeholders to arrange volunteer work placement opportunities for learners in the local community
- Coordinate in the development of individual learning plans with learners and facilitate progression to other forms of training, education or employment
- Assist in the production and retention of all project records in accordance with the requirements of the GRETB / QQI
- Assist in the monitoring, recording and reporting of course participants; attendance to GRETB on a weekly basis
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time or as the programme evolves
- Support the coordinator in the daily organisation of a busy training centre.
Suitable candidates must have:
- A relevant nationally recognised qualification in teaching.
- Relevant qualifications in Professional Cookery
- Formal qualifications to QQI level 6 or above in Professional Cookery Skills
- IT Skills including word processing
- Knowledge of QQI qualifications and modules
- The ideal candidate will have at least two years; experience of working with
- economically, socially, geographically and / or educationally disadvantaged learners
- Have a high level of general administration and organisational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of professional cooking, food preparation, kitchen food production management and service in the hospitality industry
Application by cover letter and CV by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 27th October 2021 with Interviews the following week.
Shortlisting will take place immediately on close of application.
Canvassing will disqualify. Garda vetting may apply