Orione Care: Office Administrator / Receptionist
Orione Care Ireland provide housing and day centre services for Senior citizens and short term accommodation to families who are experiencing homelessness. We currently have a vacancy for an Office Administrator / Receptionist to join our team.
Please return application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 28th October.
This role will report to the Management Team of Orione Care Ireland and will be responsible for providing administrative support. The ideal candidate for this post will be a good communicator, show an ability to be flexible, use their initiative and apply sound decision making skills. A willingness to work as part of a wider team is essential.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To be an integral part of the team in the service, in offering support and care to homeless.
- To work as part of the team in the service, ensuring service users are treated with respect at all times.
- Relay messages for residents and staff
- Ensure all staff, service users and visitors are made to feel welcome
- Ensure all visitors & staff sign the appropriate Sign In/Sign Out book on arrival and when departing
- Take delivery of post and distribute post to residents and staff, ensuring all outgoing post is posted each day etc.
- Deal with all enquiries at the desk in a cordial and professional manner.
- Take in service Charge from residents as required, and link with management in relation to arrears in relation to service charge
- Keep the reception area in order.
- Maintain the Notice boards in the reception area, ensuring notices are up-to-date and accurate.
- Any other duties relating to managing the Reception
- Carry out a range of routine clerical activities such as sending out routine replies, photocopying, typing letters, reports and minutes of meetings and other such duties, when requested by the management
- Oversee the Stationery and Cleaning Products orders
- Manage service charge records and highlight to management discrepancies and when service users are falling into arrears.
- Ensure that all administrative duties are carried out in accordance with the required timelines.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the Service in accordance with the Health and Safety policy.
- Record and report all health and safety and security issues, as appropriate to the role.
- Adhere fully and cooperate with staff in the management of any emergency situations, when they arise.
- To set up and clean rooms as they are vacated and ensure essentials are placed in rooms and sanitized before new families arrive.
- Work as a member of the team in the best interests of the Service Users
- Be flexible in regard to working work hours (in agreement and after negotiation with the management), for the benefit of the service.
- In conjunction with the management, to continuously develop the role to ensure all tasks are undertaken in a manner which meets the strategic aims and objectives of the service
- To participate in internal/external meetings as required, and attend training events, conferences and other functions as necessary.
- To participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal, and help in identifying your own job-related development and training needs.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health and Safety, Code of Practice and Confidentiality.
- To contribute to the effective implementation of the Equal Opportunities Policy as it affects both the organisation and its work with service users.
- To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of the organisation.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required which are commensurate with the role in consultation with the manager.
- The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
- Proficient use of IT required in role, including email in a professional capacity
- 1 years’ experience using MS Excel, & word – ESSENTIAL
- Experience setting up and maintaining both manual and computerised filing systems.
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail.
- An understanding of the current issues facing homeless people
- Be professional and friendly with excellent communication and organisational skills
PLEASE NOTE; THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO GARDA VETTING, PLEASE RETURN APPLICATION TO email@example.com by 28th October 2021