Dublin Simon Community: Supervisor - Harcourt Street
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Job Title: Emergency Services Supervisor
Job Purpose: Support the service manager and team to ensure the provision of high standards within Dublin Simon and work consistently to best practice standards, meeting the needs of service users.
Reports to: Service Manager
Location: Dublin Simon Community Emergency Services
Hours of work: Supervisors are expected to undertake a 7 day liability working on a rota to include mornings, daytimes, evenings, weekends and work 37.5 hours per week.
Duration: 6-9 month contract
Core Job Requirements
- Oversee the operations of the service, supporting the service manager in the day to day running of the service.
- Ensure consistency of handover between shifts. Monitor completion of daily tasks and operations of each shift and ensure recording of same by staff team. Report any concerns to service manager.
- Lead the induction and training of staff and new staff in operational duties.
- Support the team and service manager to manage the delivery of day to day operational functions of the service.
- Provide the main point of contact for maintenance issues liaising with relevant maintenance stakeholders and follow agreed processes to ensure prompt response.
- Provide the main point of contact for cleaning contractors and oversee the completion of tasks by contractors.
- Implement the cash management policy and conduct regular audits of the cash management processes in the service, reporting to the service manager.
- Ensure the client feedback management policy and procedure is fully implemented locally, responded to promptly and service user participation is developed on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee the full service rota, ensure shifts are covered according to local policy. Maintain records in and report on Time Management Systems and other reporting requirements.
- Perform all relevant administration for the above.
- Provide information & advice to staff on emergency services as first point of contact if required when managers are not available.
Health and Safety:
- Provide the initial response and support to staff for incidents and assist the service manager with overall incident management. Ensure the implementation of recommendations and preventative or corrective actions from incident reports.
- Monitor the cleaning, hygiene and HACCP standards of the building and support the team to ensure a high standard is maintained. Be the main point of contact for cleaning contractors.
- Support the team and service manager to ensure high standards of health and safety in the building.
Care and Case Management:
- Support the team and service manager to implement systems and structures within the service relating to case management.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of client development programmes.
- Implement placement sustainment protocols within the service
- Contribute to care and case management reviews as required and support the team in case management.
- Undertake audits as required
- Support the team in the implementation of quality standards.
- Support the team and service manager to implement, deliver and review strategic and operational projects in line with the Strategic Plan.
- Ensure policies procedures and guidelines are read and understood by staff and contribute to the development of new procedures as required.
- Ensure the data protection policy is implemented, make process improvements where possible and audit the service’s compliance.
- Provide some staff supervision in line with best practice guidelines
- Work with and attend meetings with external stakeholders as necessary.
- Provide direction on operational tasks to staff team on a daily basis
- Ensure ongoing regular communication between the service and the local community to develop and maintain positive relationships with neighbours and other key stakeholders, in line with good practice and policy, and implementing the ‘Good Neighbour’ Policy.
Requirements of all Dublin Simon staff:
- Commitment to the mission of Dublin Simon Community and to work within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations
- To participate in regular supervision with your line manager
- To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice with your area of work and within Dublin Simon as a whole
- To report any area of concern to your line manager in a timely manner
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the work. Work during unsocial hours may be required.
- Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- Participate in and engage with a performance management programme.
- Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role
- You are responsible for managing health & safety standards in your service in line with Dublin Simon Community policies
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time
- To undertake your work in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Note: This Job Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the work.
This role may require early morning, evening or weekend work.
- Third level qualification to degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of services in the Homeless sector
- Understanding of why people become homeless and the needs they have.
- Problem solving and Decision Making
- Delegation and Communication
- Organisational skills
- Planning skills
- Attitude and Motivation of Self
- Record keeping and report writing skills.
- • Developing, implementing and evaluating action plans.
- Driving change improvement initiatives, team development and systems implementation.
- Min 2 years experience in homeless services or working with vulnerable and disadvantaged groups.
- Team leader or supervisor experience.
- Experience working in a residential homeless service setting.
Demonstration of Competencies
- Commitment to providing the highest levels of quality service
- Respect for others
- Openness to change
- Commitment to Practice and professional development
- Good Communication; oral and aural and written
- Commitment to health & safety
- Promoting choice, independence, health and education.
- Facilitating physical and mental well being.
- Needs assessment, care planning and review for individuals
- Focused on outcomes
- Contributing to the prevention and management of challenging behaviour
- Contributing to the protection of individuals
Effectiveness & Professional Practice
- Commitment to effective Professional Practice
- Planning and organising
- Analysis & problem solving
- Initiative and taking responsibility
- Influencing and negotiating
- Resilience and positive outlook
- Effective team working
- Developing external relationships
Benefits to working with Dublin Simon Community:
- 25 days annual leave
- 5% matched contribution to your pension
- Paid Sick Leave Policy
- Paid Maternity Leave Policy
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Commuter Travel Tax Savers Ticket
- 1st-week Comprehensive Training
- Progression Opportunities
Please note, if you are unsure of any of the requirements, contact the Recruitment Team on (01) 6354860
Application due date: 24/10/2021
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4860