South Dublin County Partnership: TASP Senior Project Worker
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
TASP Senior Project Worker
Full – Time – 12 months contract
A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Project Worker in the Tallaght Addiction Support Project (TASP), South Dublin County Partnership.
TASP is a community addiction support project based in Fettercairn, Tallaght. TASP provides one to one support, group work, methadone maintenance, alcohol programme and counselling to individuals impacted by drug and alcohol use. TASP also delivers comprehensive family support, counselling and auricular acupuncture via the SWAN project.
South Dublin County Partnership is a Local Development Company primarily funded by the Irish Government to bring together local communities and state agencies to tackle the problems of unemployment and social exclusion. We develop projects and services to support sustainable and vibrant communities where people can realise their potential and experience a high quality of life. The focus of our activities is on areas where people experience disadvantage. Our programmes of work are organised across key thematic areas: Community Development, Enterprise & Employment, Lifelong Learning, Children & Families, Health & Well Being. South Dublin County Partnership is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from a diversity of backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage a case load of clients by providing:
- Initial and comprehensive assessments using the National Framework
- Crisis intervention, relapse prevention, harm reduction supports
- Goal setting using Motivational Interviewing & CRA Protocols
- Developing individual care plans
- Referrals to residential treatment, mental health services, counseling, education/employment
- Community reintegration
2. To support individuals impacted by substance misuse within the context of the aims and objectives of the project through the provision of:
- Information & signposting
- One to one key working, case management and group work
3. Provide support to the Project Leader of the TASP/SWAN projects:
- Assist with the day to day running of the projects
- Develop new initiatives responding to emerging trends in conjunction with the Project Leader
- Establishing and maintaining links with statutory, voluntary and community agencies
- Compiling reports, proposals and briefing documents
- Organize and chair case management/ interagency meetings
- Assist with organizing and running Team Meetings and assist in developing relevant actions
- Organizing information sessions and making presentations about the work of the project
- Keep appropriate records via ECASS, and undertake administration duties as required
- To work as a productive member of the TASP/SWAN team
- To provide support/supervision to TASP/SWAN staff, CE participants and volunteers
- To ensure the implementation of comprehensive care-plans for all clients of TASP
- Build therapeutic relationships. with clients and maintain professional boundaries at all times
- To build effective links with other key organizations and community groups in the Tallaght area
- Represent TASP/SWAN at meetings with key stakeholders
- To take up training opportunities agreed with Project Leader
- Any other duties appropriate to the position and agreed with the Project Leader
- Minimum of a level 7 diploma in Community Drugs Work, Addiction Studies or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years working fulltime in addiction/community addiction support project
- Experience of mentoring and supporting other members of a team
- Experience of delivering group work
- Experience in key working, care planning and case management across a continuum of care
- Accredited in either CRA, Motivational Interviewing or similar relevant interventions.
- Have a thorough knowledge of drug related issues and their effect on individuals, families and communities
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Drugs policy - Reducing Harm, Supporting Recovery: A health led response to drug & alcohol use in Ireland 2017 – 2025 and the National Drugs Rehabilitation Framework and National Protocols and Assessment Guidelines.
- Have experience of inter-agency work, involving community, voluntary and statutory agencies
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including IT skills
- Must have administration capacity to discharge the functions of the post
- Must be personally motivated and can work on own initiative
- Garda Vetting required
Applications by post only
Applicants should pay particular attention to the essential and desirable criteria in the job description, your suitability and why you are the best candidate for this post in question. Please send three copies of your up-to-date detailed CV and cover letter marked as TASP Senior Project Worker Post, Job Ref. 40/2021 and should be addressed to:
Administration & Operations Department,
South Dublin County Partnership,
Nangor Road Business Park,
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject box to be marked TASP Senior Project Worker Post Job Ref. 40 /2021
Closing date for receipt of applications: Thursday 21st October 2021 at 12.00 noon
Please provide the names, address, occupation, and contact details of two referees. (Contact will not be made without prior notification to you). Please note that no individual correspondence will be entered into.
Late applications cannot be considered. Short listing of candidates will apply.
The post is subject to Garda vetting.