Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: Treasurer Support Officer
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Treasurer Support Officer
Reference No: TSOER1021
Location: National Office, SVP House Dublin 1
Duration: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Published: Friday 8th October 2021
Closing Date: 4 pm Friday 22nd October 2021
The primary purpose of the role is to support local Conference Treasurers in their use of SVP’s Online Treasurer Book and to assist Conference Treasurers with related accounting, policy and procedure queries. The post holder will proactively work with Area Presidents and Area Treasurers to ensure that books of account are updated in a timely manner and that data quality is maintained at a high standard.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Leaving Certificate (required)
- Qualification ideally in accounts/bookkeeping or relevant field (essential)
- Knowledge of one or more Finance system advantageous.
- Understanding of the Charity Act desirable.
- Experience in office administration
- Bookkeeping/accounting experience
- Proficient of IT systems (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database administration, etc.) required.
- Experience in the Charity sector advantageous.
- Experience of providing training to system end-users (essential)
- Experience using financial systems advantageous.
- Experience in a customer support role (both face-to-face and via email/telephone) (essential)
- Strong administration skills and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
- Excellent numerical skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication both written, verbal and listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to establish and foster excellent working relationships with many different people across different functions and locations.
- Full clean drivers’ licence and access to use of car is required for this position.
Life at SVP – Why work for us?
- 23 days annual leave to start
- Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
- 2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
- Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
- Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
- Education Support for job relevant courses
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer