St. Joseph's Foundation: Staff Grade Psychologist – Children
ST. JOSEPH'S FOUNDATION
Bakers Road, Charleville, Co. Cork
Phone (063) 89252 Fax (063) 81116
St. Joseph's Foundation is a voluntary organisation providing comprehensive services for people with intellectual disabilities. Founded in 1968 the Foundation has grown through continuously responding to the needs of people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
The Foundation provides services to children and adults, through day services, residential, respite care, and home support in the North Cork and South West Limerick region. We have day and residential services in various locations in the North Cork and South Limerick area; such as Charleville, Dromina, Newtownshandrum, Buttevant, Newmarket, Mitchelstown and Mallow, in Limerick; Ballylanders, , Ballyagran, Bruree, Bruff Croom Dromcollogher, Granagh Kilmallock, and Liskennett.
St. Joseph’s Foundation is a lead agency in Cork Kerry Community Healthcare for the North West Cork and the North East Cork Children’s Disability Network Teams. These teams provide services from 0-18 under the National Progressing Disability Services Programme and are based in Mallow and Fermoy.
Applications are invited for the following post to work with the Children’s Disability Network Teams (North East Cork).
STAFF GRADE PSYCHOLOGIST – Children (permanent full time)
37 hours per week
The ideal candidate must have:-
- A university degree or diploma obtained with 1st or 2nd class honours in which Psychology was taken as a major subject and honours obtained in that subject.
- An Irish post-graduate professional psychology qualification accredited by the Psychological Society of Ireland in Clinical, Counselling or Educational Psychology.
- Applicants with a clinical or counselling psychology qualification must demonstrate that they have acquired experience in appropriate health settings for the areas they wish to apply, either at least 60 days or equivalent supervised clinical placements as part of the professional qualification or at least 60 days or equivalent post qualification work experience as a psychologist.
- Applicants with an educational psychology qualification must demonstrate that they have acquired experience in appropriate health settings for the areas for which they wish to apply, either at least 60 days or equivalent supervised clinical placements as part of the professional qualification or at least 60 days or equivalent post qualification supervised work experience as a psychologist.
- Candidates who qualified outside the Republic of Ireland must have their qualifications validated by the Department of Health & Children at the time of application.
- Knowledge and expertise of working with children with complex disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders, Intellectual Disability, and/or Physical Disability and their families in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Knowledge of Family Centred Practice and Principals of Progressing Disability Services.
Graduates in the process of completing their post-graduate qualification in clinical, educational or counselling psychologist are welcome to apply.
St. Joseph's Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.
Informal enquiries to Patricia Vicario Principal Manager on 063 89252
- Department of Health Salary Scales Section 39 restored pay scale 01/10/2020.
- A full Irish/EU Driving licence and indemnification of the Foundation on your car insurance policy is a requirement of the post.
- Panels of suitably qualified persons may be formed from which further vacancies may be filled.
- Please forward your Curriculum vitae to email@example.com by Tuesday 26/10/2021