St. Joseph's Foundation: Social Care Workers – Relief in Residential Services
ST. JOSEPH'S FOUNDATION
Bakers Road, Charleville, Co. Cork
Phone (063) 89252 Fax (063) 81116
St. Joseph's Foundation is a voluntary organisation providing comprehensive services for people with intellectual disabilities. Founded in 1968 the Foundation has grown through continuously responding to the needs of people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
The Foundation provides services to children and adults, through day services, residential, respite care, and home support in the North Cork and South West Limerick region. We have day and residential services in various locations in the North Cork and South Limerick area; such as Charleville, Dromina, Newtownshandrum, Buttevant, Newmarket, Mitchelstown and Mallow, in Limerick; Ballylanders, , Ballyagran, Bruree, Bruff Croom Dromcollogher, Granagh Kilmallock, and Liskennett.
St. Joseph’s Foundation is a lead agency in Cork Kerry Community Healthcare for the North West Cork and the North East Cork Children’s Disability Network Teams. These teams provide services from 0-18 under the National Progressing Disability Services Programme and are based in Mallow and Fermoy.
Applications are invited for the following posts:
SOCIAL CARE WORKERS –Relief in Residential Services (Rostered Duties which may include 9am-4.30pm, 12 hour shifts day and night and sleep overs both midweek and weekend work).
Reporting to a Social Care Leader or Nurse the ideal candidates will have:-
- A HETAC Accredited Diploma/Degree in Applied Social Studies/Social Care or a qualification in Nursing (RNID) or Social Work (Degree).
- Experience in managing behaviour which challenges.
- Experience with adults/children with intellectual disabilities.
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative and supervise service users/staff in a residential setting.
- Good organisation and communications skills.
Informal enquiries to Ms. Gillian Kett, Siobhan O’Donovan or Orla O’Regan (Area Managers) on 063 89252
- Qualifications must be validated with the Department of Health & Children if studies were completed outside Ireland.
- Department of Health & Children Salary Scales apply. (Section 39 Restored Pay Scales 1/10/2020.).
- A full Irish/EU Driving Licence & Indemnification of the Foundation on your car insurance policy is a requirement for the posts.
- Panels of suitably qualified persons may be formed from which further vacancies may be filled.
- Email curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for receipt of Curriculum Vitae is Tuesday the 26/10/2021