Amal: Court Accompaniment/ Community Support Worker
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Court Accompaniment/ Community Support Worker
The Amal Women's Association provides frontline services to Muslim women, and women with a connection to the Muslim community nationwide.
Our aim is to provide culturally-appropriate services for women and children from Muslim and non-Muslim backgrounds in Ireland, with the mission to advance the human rights, health, safety, participation, and dignity of Muslim and non-Muslim women in Ireland.
Amal provides a range of services and are currently expanding their service to include court accompaniment.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to women attending court, clarify legal terminology, and inform the women of follow-up proceedings. As the court accompaniment/ community support worker, you will also be responsible for providing direct information and support to women accessing Amal’s service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accompany the women to court, and provide support before, during and after the court proceedings
- Clarify legal terminology and decisions
- Provide referrals to other organisations and related services
- Record all personal data in line with Amal’s data policies
- Adhere to Amal’s GDPR guidelines
- Previous experience working in an information and advice setting, community work setting or related field
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure in stressful situations
- Excellent and empathic listeners with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Muslim cultures
- Ability to speak other language (preferable languages are Arabic)
- Understanding of GDPR and ability to maintain confidentiality
Closing date: 22nd October 2021
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org