Embrace: Direct Support Workers
We are hiring Direct Support Workers !
Embrace is recruiting Direct Support Workers for our growing residential services around Enfield, Co. Meath. We are seeking applications from Direct Support Workers who have a passion for supporting adults in the community and helping them to develop in their new homes. The successful candidate will be joining a strong team of existing Social Care Workers and Direct Support Workers and will be overseen by a supportive management team.
Our ambition is to offer a strengths-based service that focuses on residents’ core interests and encourages their development of new skills. Underpinning all of this is an understanding that we are offering a home for people, and an assurance from us that these homes offer a range of home comforts, on-site amenities and enable local engagement with community initiatives and organisations.
Direct Support Worker – Requirements
We are looking for motivated and experienced Direct Support Workers who believe in developing people’s strengths. The successful candidate will provide residents with guidance, support, training and activities to help them to achieve their goals. We are looking for candidates who work well in a team environment, working closely with your colleagues and the wider support team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be guided by your PIC and Team Leader/ SCW and include the following:
- Delivering on the residents’ daily support plans
- Ensuring the ongoing focus on residents’ strengths and uncovering new ways of developing these
- Following the guidance of your Team Leader
- Understanding of company policies and procedures to ensure consistent service practices
- Delivering on Embrace’s core Vision, Mission and Values
- Relevant experience in residential care
- A relevant Health or Social Care qualification, minimum FETAC Level 5
- Excellent team skills and used to working in a positive, supportive work environment
- Passionate about supporting people to lead independent lives in our communities
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive remuneration and benefits package.
By submitting your application online, you agree that your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years in order to consider you for prospective roles at Embrace.