Peter McVerry Trust: Housing Support Worker - Limerick
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Housing Support Worker Limerick
Housing with Supports
Job Title: Housing Support Worker
Whole Time Equivalent Hours
Full Time – 39 Hours per week. Details of starting and finishing times, which may vary in accordance with service’s needs, will be notified to you by your line manager. There will be occasions when you will be required to work outside of the normal office hours.
Reporting structure will be to the Housing with Supports Manager/Team Leader.
Background to Post
At Peter McVerry Trust we don’t just help people secure a home, we support them to keep their homes, integrate into their community and secure education, training and employment.
The Housing with Supports service offers intensive, visiting support to tenants, 24/7 365 days a year. The team helps people to develop life skills, build confidence and work towards independent living and social integration. Ultimately, the service helps people to sustain their tenancy and ensure that people do not re-enter homelessness.
Peter McVerry Trust’s Housing with Supports team operates across 26 local authorities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Reporting to the Manager/Team Leader:
- To work for Peter McVerry Trust within the authority delegated to them by the Manager/Team Leader;
- Meet with the Manager/Team Leader at regular intervals regarding the progress of their work;
- To assist the Manager/Team Leader in delivering core housing management support services to tenants of PMVT in their communities.
2. To provide direct support to tenants through:
- Assisting them to manage their tenancies with intervention, support and supervision;
- Supporting tenants in managing rental payments and arrears, also support in relation to budgeting and money management;
- When required, advocacy and referral to community services to help the tenants integrate into their communities;
- Liaising with the appropriate agencies to support the ongoing health and well-being of the tenants.
3. To assist with tenants through:
- Communication with staff of Peter McVerry Trust where relevant;
- Key-working with tenants (where required);
- Assisting tenants by means of support planning.
4. To maintain a safe and healthy living environment through:
- Supporting tenants to manage their property safely in relation to Fire and Health and Safety;
- To promote good estate management practices;
- Promote good practice in relation to housekeeping;
- Mediating disputes and encouraging co-operation in communal living environments.
5. To respond to requests for service through:
- Linking in with other Peter McVerry Trust services, screening and assessment;
- Communication of information and referral to resources;
- Offering ongoing support to tenants.
6. To undertake administrative duties through:
- Maintaining tenants’ details and documentation;
- Actively participating in staff meetings;
- Providing written reports to the Manager/ Team Leader where necessary;
- Recording any Incidents / Accidents that may occur.
7. Change in work programme:
- It may be necessary, from time to time, for workload to be re-prioritised to accommodate workloads. Due notice and consultation will be given.
8. To have a professional, positive and enthusiastic attitude towards work:
- Through your interactions with tenants, staff and management of the Peter McVerry Trust.
- Through your interactions with external agencies while representing the Peter McVerry Trust.
9. Other Duties:
- Any other duties as designated by the Manager/Team Leader.
- We offer our tenants Out of Hours telephone support, this requires staff to be rostered to cover the service.
- On occasion there will be out of hours work.
- Degree level qualification in social care/youth work, addiction studies, housing or a related field.
- Essential competencies: Commitment to providing the highest level of service, respect for others, openness to change, communication skills– oral, aural and written, contributing to the prevention and management of challenging behaviour, professionalism & maintaining professional boundaries and effective team working. (All other competencies to be reviewed as part of the supervision and support process).
- Full Driving License.
- Previous experience of working in the area of housing or homelessness.
To apply, please download the PMVT application form from http://www.pmvtrust.ie/about-us/vacancies/. application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the HR Department, 29 Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1
Closing Date for Applications 22nd October 2021
Peter McVerry Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Peter McVerry Trust Operations Ltd Registration Number 412953 Charity Number CHY7256