The Organic Centre: Project Coordinator
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Full time: 39 hrs per week
Fixed term Contract 12 months
Remuneration: Full time: 39 hours per week
9-5.30 pm Monday to Friday - €30,536.77 pa
The Organic Centre is seeking an experienced project coordinator. Previous experience of project management/coordination is essential; we encourage people with a disability to apply for this role.
The Organic Centre is based in County Leitrim and the successful candidate will be based at our 19-acre site in Rossinver. The purpose of the role is to support people to shop, learn and get involved in organic growing, farming and education.
For more information about the centre see our website www.theorganicentre.ie
This post is funded by POBAL DAF programme
For more information of an informal discussion please contact the manager at 071 985 4338 or email email@example.com
Please apply for this post by sending your current CV and a letter of application outlining your skills, experience and motivation for applying- Maximum of 2 A4 sides for your letter of application.
Please email your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Project Coordinator
Or post to: The Organic Centre, Sraud, Rossinver County Leitrim F91 H978
Closing date for applications is Thursday 21st October @5pm: Applications received after this date/time will not be accepted
Proposed interview date is October 28th 2021, Job description enclosed. The post will be subject to Garda vetting
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Position Title: Project Coordinator 12 months fixed term contract
Location: Rossinver & Sligo
Remuneration: €30,536.77 pa
Purpose & Function of Post:
To coordinate the successful delivery and development of Organic Centre external project work including the Flourish, wellbeing projects, volunteer projects and off site work in the areas of Sligo/Leitrim and Donegal.
Responsible to: Centre Manager
- A minimum of 3 years’ project coordination/management experience/project administration (E)
- Experience of working with people with additional needs in particular people with mental health needs(E)
- Experience of therapeutic Horticulture and/or gardening (D)
- Good communication and inter-personal skills (E)
- Ability to work as part of a team(E)
- Knowledge of the organic sector, based on prior work experience(E)
- IT skills: Word processing and spreadsheets(E)
- Experience of budgets, financial planning and fundraising(E)
- Experience of managing volunteers(E)
- Commitment to the aims and ethos of The Organic Centre(E)
- To work with the Organic Centre Manager to develop and deliver the day to day operational management of the Organic Centre’s projects and assist in implementing their longer-term aims and objectives.
- To organise monthly meetings of the project steering groups.
- To organise workshops as required.
- To ensure that the requirements of Organic Centre projects are being fulfilled
- To work in conjunction with external community media companies commissioned to produce films of the projects activities.
- To recruit participants and volunteers for the projects as required.
- To work closely with site providers and project partners to ensure the success of the project.
- To prepare financial and progress reports to the project steering groups.
- To ensure that the work of the project is publicised and disseminated, and to network with other organisations with regard to the project.
- To organise a stakeholder events.
- To be willing to undertake training as required.
- To observe The Organic Centre’s Health and Safety rules.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties commensurate with the post, assigned by the management of the Organic Centre in conjunction with the project steering group.