Spinal Injuries Ireland: Policy & Advocacy Co-Ordinator
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Policy & Advocacy Co–Ordinator
Exciting opportunity for a dynamic team player to help effect change for the spinal injury community in Ireland.
Spinal Injuries Ireland’s (SII) mission is to engage with people with a spinal cord injury and their family members, to address barriers to full participation in society and to empower members to work towards achieving personal, social and vocational goals.
Spinal Injuries Ireland is working to ensure a time when all spinal cord injury patients and their families have access to timely supports, services and treatments. This newly developed role will be responsible for overseeing and implementing the strategic goals relating to advocacy for those living with a spinal cord injury and their families.
Research and develop advocacy campaign on key themes including but not exclusively:
- Strategic plan for advocacy
- Access to medical card for those living with spinal cord injury
- Access to health services for those living with a spinal cord injury
- Care pathway for those living with spinal cord injury
- Develop policies and procedures for advocacy
- Conduct gap analysis from Salesforce data base to develop key themes
- Engage service users in needs analysis
- Develop the structure, training, and resource for families to self-advocate
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive SII issues forward
Reports to: CEO
Salary range: Negotiable depending on experience.
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week, with some flexibility required.
Contract: Three years starting October 2021 and finishing December 2024.
Location: G3 The Pottery, Bakers Point, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin. Due to COVID-19 pandemic role will be hybrid of home & office based while public health restrictions remain in place.
- Relevant third level qualification with at least 3 years experience in policy and advocacy work.
- Knowledge of Irish political system and public policy environment.
- Experience in legislative/advocacy activities and politics essential.
- Experience liaising with communications agencies and other organisations.
- Commitment to the objectives of SII.
- Proficient use of computers and social media.
- Salesforce experience desirable.
- Multi-tasker and solution driven.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness, flexibility and ability to take initiative.
- Proven track record in creativity in tackling projects.
- Car and full, clean driving license. Must be willing to travel if required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement all projects, as assigned by the CEO.
- Utilize available resources to develop an annual strategy for nationwide spinal cord injury advocacy campaign.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, such as the NRH, to increase efficacy of advocacy campaign.
- Develop an annual public affairs campaign to create awareness of the needs of the spinal cord injury community.
- Plan and implement self-advocacy training for the spinal cord injury community over a two-year period with regional training sessions and support. Develop a training manual.
- As directed by the Head of Services, provide support for advocating for new patients and their families.
- Collaborate with the CEO and the Communications team to plan an annual media campaign.
- Provide statistics and resources to the communications team and the CEO for speech writing and reporting.
- Assist with the grant writing process, including editing, assembling, and evaluating grant applications if required to do so.
- Schedule and coordinate all details for the Spinal Cord Injury annual day and the Cauda Equina Syndrome Day and other opportunities.
- Provide copy and research for the website and other materials
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
This list of duties is not intended to be exhaustive, but to reflect the main duties of the position and is subject to change. Any other duties may be allocated from time to time consistent with the position, business plan and strategic plan.
Offer subject to reference check and Garda Vetting.
Please send CV and cover letter to Mary Dunne – email@example.com
Closing Date: 22nd October 2021