Dublin Simon Community: Cook - Therapeutic Services
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention services, addiction treatment, emergency response, and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership.
As a cook, you’ll provide nutritionally balanced meals, while ensuring HACCP standards are implemented. You’ll have the ability to work under pressure, and create different and diverse menus each week, complete costing, budget plans, HACCP etc. You’ll report to Operations Manager in Therapeutic Services.
Core Job Requirements:
- Coordinate activities of the kitchen ensuring the team are efficient, comply with all relevant policy & procedure/uniform/safety and hygiene requirements to ensure safe food service delivery.
- Plan a schedule of menus promoting nutrition and choice, then prepare and cook those nutritionally balanced meals daily.
- Ensure individuals on special diets or with specific cultural needs are catered for.
- Complete daily, weekly & periodic checking of operational checklists including cleaning, equipment & safety, supplier, temperature checks etc.
- Order food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation in the kitchen within designated budgets
- Ensure stock control of food items and assist in inventories and stock rotation
- Ensure that HACCP processes are applied to all areas and processes in the kitchen/stores/serving areas; are fully understood by the team, and all HACCP records are completed and that the service complies with relevant legislation, regulation and best practice.
- Audit HACCP Records in satellite services completing monitoring reports and complete spot checks.
- Be vigilant about any Food (or general) Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to operations manager as appropriate.
Note: This Job Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the work.
- A recognised catering qualification.
- Food Safety / HACCP Level 2 / Level 3 Certificate
- 2+ years experience of working as part of a team in a busy kitchen environment
- Experience in service improvement and open to new and different ways of working.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in service improvement, be a self-starter, hard-working, who is committed with willingness to learn and develop new ways of working/processes of working.
- Good IT skills, in particular in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
Location: Dublin City
Working Hours: 37.5 hours, 7-day liability.
- 25 days annual leave,
- 5% matched contribution to your pension,
- Paid Sick Leave Policy,
- Paid Maternity Leave Policy,
- Bike to Work Scheme,
- Commuter Travel Tax Savers Ticker,
- 1st-week Comprehensive Training.
Application due date: 12/12/2021
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4860