Saint John of God Community Services Dublin South East: Community Facilitators / Instructors - Adult Day Services
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
St. John of God Dublin South East Services provides a network of education, training, employment, respite, community living supports and rights promotion to children and adults with intellectual disabilities in South Dublin.
Community Facilitators / Instructors
Adult Day Services
Permanent and Contract Posts available
Saint John of God Community Services Dublin South East Services supports individuals with intellectual disabilities to be active participants within the community that they live.
Saint John of God Dublin South East invites applications for the position of Instructor in our Day Services based in the South Dublin area, to provide support to individuals with an intellectual disability.
Candidates should have the following:
- A Fetac/QQI level 6 Qualification e.g. Social Care/Training/Education/Teaching etc
- Commitment to a Person Directed Planning approach
- The ability to identify and develop people’s natural support networks, work and social roles
- The ability to facilitate and support service-users, including people with complex needs, in both service based and community programmes.
- Knowledge of relevant national legislation and policy e.g. New Directions
- Excellent communication, organisational, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must have a full manual driving license (please be advised that this is essential for the role and must be stated clearly in your application)
We are looking for good communicators who have the interest and ability to join the team supporting the men and women of Dublin South East to GO FOR WHAT THEY WANT IN LIFE!
Examples of what people want are: training, work, independent living skills, socialising, friendship building, independent and supported travelling skills.
Programs are currently adapted to support safety and wellbeing of the men, women and the staff.
Day Programs are in some cases delivered from the residential setting.
Please forward your covering letter and CV by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote reference InstructorOct21 in the subject line of your email.
Informal Queries to: Anna Ruth Duane/Amanda Mulroy 01 285 2900
CVs must provide full details of all relevant experience. Any gaps in CVs should be clarified.
This is an Instructor Grade role (HSE Salary Pay Scales)
Shortlisting will apply.
Saint John of God Community Services CLG is an equal opportunities employer.
We operate HSE (Health Service Executive) funded services across Intellectual Disability, Adult Mental Health and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Hospitality Respect Justice Excellence Compassion