Dublin Simon Community: CE Scheme Vacancies
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership. If you share our values and want to make a difference also, come talk to us at Dublin Simon Community. We’re looking for client focused, friendly and adaptable people to join our team. This standard is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision-making processes in the organisation.
Dublin Simon Community works to prevent and address homelessness and provides services at all stages of homelessness to enable people to move to a place they can call home.
Dublin Simon Community has been awarded the Excellence through People accreditation for the past 4 years. This standard is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision making processes in the organisation.
About CE Employment:
CE or Community Employment is a programme of work and training for people who have been out of work for a while. It is also a good opportunity for people who may not have a lot of work experience. Dublin Simons CE programme gives participants experience and skills which will support them into the workforce. Please note these roles are a developmental opportunity, no experience is necessary. Accredited training and guidance will be provided to support your career.
Hours of Work: 19.5hrs
Rate of Pay: Community Employment rates
Am I eligible? Please contact your local INTREO caseworker/ DSP Employment office to check your eligibility and to apply for a vacancy. Job Reference Number will be required.
Catering assistant: Reference number #CES-2195761
This is a developmental opportunity, no experience necessary. Accredited training will be provided to support your career.
- To prepare, cook and deliver food under the supervision of the cook to ensure our service users and staff receive meals that are nutritionally balanced.
- To adhere to the rules of an effective kitchen management system, this includes the cleaning of kitchen utensils, equipment and area on a regular basis in compliance with Food Hygiene standards and to operate a stock rotation system so as to ensure that all food being prepared complies with these standards.
- To comply with all Health & Safety measures in the house to ensure the effective safety and wellbeing of all service users and staff. To implement and operate proper food hygiene standards so as to ensure that all food is safe.
- Attend meetings with the CE Supervisor and participate in training Location: Various locations, Dublin City
Driver: Reference number #CES-2195764
- To transport residents and staff on service related outings/appointments.
- Collection of goods from various locations and delivery to Dublin Simon projects
- To perform other driving duties and/or deliveries as required for the smooth running of the service
- To engage with and build professional trusting relationships with service users, treating them with dignity and respect. Location: Phibsborough
Admin, Client development: Reference number #CES-2195762
- Manage the Client Development email address, responding to emails, saving referrals into the appropriate folder when they are sent via email and forwarding on emails from the Client Development email address to the appropriate staff member.
- To support the Client Development team with marketing activities and programmes, by creating posters and brochures, and assisting with development of other relevant documentation. Also, contact staff and volunteers in the Dublin Simon services to promote the activities and programmes by informing staff / volunteers of relevant information and how to refer clients.
- Ensure that the ‘Client Development Points of Contact’ are up-to-date for all DSC services.
- Assist with the administration around the Client Development referral process, including using spreadsheets and following proper file management.
- Assist with the adherence to GDPR by logging old referrals onto the destroyer log and deleting the relevant files.
- Assist with the Education Grant, by following up with applications to ensure all relevant documentation is received and send all relevant documents to staff member.
- Develop the Client’s Eye newsletter by sourcing client content from DSC services, creating content for pages such as the recipe section, jokes, colouring and literacy / numeracy activity.
- Location: Phibsborough/remote
If you are interested in any of the roles, please email email@example.com or call 0860464664
The closing date for applications is November, 1st, 2021. If a suitable candidate is found before this however, the vacancy will be closed.