Meath Partnership: SICAP Project Officer (Part-Time)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
SICAP Project Officer
Employer: Meath Partnership
Job Title: SICAP Project Officer
Location: Meath Partnership offices in Kells, Co. Meath with supports delivered throughout the county as required.
Responsible to: Programme Manager on a day-to-day basis and to the CEO thereafter.
Purpose of the job:
The successful candidate will join the Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme (SICAP) team in delivering a range of supports and services to disadvantaged individuals and community groups in County Meath. The SICAP Programme covers a broad range of thematic areas and issues. Candidates will be expected to be dynamic and flexible in their approach to work.
Main Duties to be delivered:
- Direct delivery of SICAP programme supports and services to jobseekers, families; with particular attention on the needs of parents and local community groups.
- Co-ordination of local services working with children, young people and families at local level to deepen engagement with disadvantaged families across the county.
- Improve health literacy among disadvantaged families in Co. Meath.
- Ability to work with parents in supporting their young people, making positive and lasting changes to the family environment.
- Help job seeking clients to identify and achieve their career goals.
- Coaching and leading jobseeker clients throughout employment supports including business start-up.
- Contribute as part of a team to the attainment of caseload targets and key performance indicators.
- Manage caseload and record deliverables in electronic and hard copy formats.
- Complete all administration requirements as set out in the programme guidelines.
- Undertake reporting, publicity, promotional initiatives and representational duties appropriate to the development of the SICAP programme.
- Assist in research and/or social policy initiatives appropriate to the development of the SICAP Programme.
- Such duties (including administrative duties) as may be assigned from time to time by the Programme Manager and/or CEO.
Terms of Employment
1 x part-time position is available working 22.5 hours per week subject to increase based on emerging workload. The nature of the work may require working unsocial hours i.e. evenings and weekend and access to own transport is essential for all SICAP positions given the outreach nature of the posts on offer. This position is subject to Garda Vetting in line with Meath Partnership policy.
Duration: Specified purpose contract subject to continued provision of SICAP funding. A six-month probationary period applies.
Personal Specifications for SICAP Project Officer
Education Qualifications and Attainments
- A recognised third level qualification in community development/ social care / counselling/ coaching/ or related field.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Previous professional experience in working with disadvantaged communities, families and jobseekers.
- Demonstrable knowledge and practice of community development and community-based approaches.
- Experience in the design and delivery of targeted community projects and programmes that are outcome-driven.
- Previous professional experience working with families, and in particular the needs of parents
- Previous professional experience working with jobseekers assisting them to secure paid employment.
- Experience in the design and delivery of programmes aimed at families and ability to manage individual family needs within programmes.
- Experience in the design and delivery of labour market activation projects and programmes that are outcome-driven.
- Ability to design, create and manage events to support jobseekers to secure employment
- Excellent organisational, administrative, creativity and ICT skills.
- Must be solution-focused, outcomes-driven and dynamic in your approach to the position.
Desirable Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team, working effectively within the support and supervision structures provided to meet high level goals and targets.
- Ability to manage caseload effectively within timeline reporting and budgetary constraints.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an excellent command of English.
- Appreciation of the dynamics and characteristics of the local and regional jobs market.
- Management of sensitive data and confidential information.
- Excellent facilitation and creativity skills
The Successful Candidate will:
- Have an understanding and knowledge of the range of social inclusion supports and services including information and advice (including non-SICAP) provided by Meath Partnership.
- Be open to work unsocial hours as may be required from time to time and willing to attend evening events.
- Be committed to meeting the identified needs of jobseekers and working with them to achieve progression into part-time, full-time or self-employment
- Demonstrate an ability to thrive in a highly pressurised, target driven environment.
This job description is intended to outline key duties and responsibilities for this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and activities to be attended to. A flexible approach to tasks which arise that are not specifically detailed in this job description will be required.
Salary: The applicable salary will, on a fulltime basis fall between between €38,000 to €42,000 per annum commensurate with experience and education. The actual salary to be paid will be determined on a pro-rata basis.
Leave: The annual leave entitlement is twenty-five (25) days per annum, pro-rata for shorter periods. Entitlement to leave for Public Holidays is in accordance with the terms of the Organisation of Working Time Act 1997. Meath Partnership closes for five (5) days at Christmas; this time is included in the annual leave entitlement detailed above.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A brief cover letter
- A curriculum vitae summarising your qualifications and relevant experience.
Please send your application to email@example.com. Applications should be clearly marked “SICAP Project Officer”. Meath Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer and and all personal data will be retained in line with our GDPR policy.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12th October 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
This position is funded through the Irish Social Inclusion & Community Activation Programme.