Dublin Simon Community: Senior National Fundraising Executive
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership. If you share our values and want to make a difference also, come talk to us at Dublin Simon Community. We’re looking for client focused, friendly and adaptable people to join our team. This standard is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision-making processes in the organisation.
About the role:
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent.
Location: Red Cow Lane, Dublin 7.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week. 25 days annual leave.
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate person looking to join a dynamic fast paced organisation. The right candidate will be highly motivated, target driven and hold 2+ years experience in a Fundraising or New Business Function. This role requires excellent communication skills, leadership, attention to detail, experience in building mutually beneficial relationships with current donors and prospects across various aspects of fundraising. You will report directly to the National Partnerships Manager. Your role will involve management of income dispersal to all Simon Communities and supporting the manager in all elements of National Fundraising. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who is looking to take the next step in developing their career within a high impact fundraising team.
Core Job Requirements
- Account management of a number of key national partnerships and campaigns, effectively using marketing and communications strategies to maintain and increase income from this revenue stream.
- Supporting National Partnerships Manager on the delivery of National Fundraising strategy.
- Supporting manager in embedding the agreed Terms of Reference and Ways of Working related to National Fundraising.
- Supporting manager with the organisation of National Fundraising Working Group meetings.
- Relationship management of a number accounts across corporate, community, individual giving to maximise income generation and engagement.
- Managing the process of national distribution of income to all Simon Communities.
- Managing the CRM (Raiser’s Edge); data-entry, batching and reconciliation.
- Liaising with all Simon Communities on the Garda Vetting process.
- Processing, recording and acknowledging all donations; online payments, direct debits, standing orders, and bank lodgements.
- Compile, report and share regular fundraising activity success, challenges and updates with other Simon Communities.
- Proposal writing for both active and prospective corporate partnerships.
- Support the management and administration of national partnerships, including coordinating fundraising activities and financial reporting.
- Research, update and maintain a clear pipeline of potential partners.
- Manage website donation pages; ensuring page information in accurate, compliant, and donation technology is functioning.
- Support manager in reporting on income by stream and proposed dispersal.
- Report from CRM and online databases to assist understanding and analysis
- Research ideas for improving our activity, reporting, best-practice.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar environment with an ability to work to tight deadlines, in a pressurised environment.
- Excellent customer orientation in all verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent CRM management experience (using Raisers Edge for example).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, coupled with excellent administrative skills.
- A team player who will work towards achieving the overall purpose and success for the team
- Experience of dealing effectively with external contacts, face to face and by telephone.
- Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of donors.
- Keen attention to detail and good numeracy skills.
- Ability to work effectively with other team members.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and good leadership.
- A positive and flexible approach to working in a busy, open plan office.
- Ability to work varied hours, including some evening and weekend commitments.
- Motivation, eagerness to learn and progress, with a desire to develop a career in the not for profit sector.
- Commitment to Dublin Simon Community’s values and a working style which reflects these.
- Qualification in Marketing/PR/Sales/Events/Business or similar
- Experience of working in a fundraising or business support role.
- Experience of database management, ideally Raisers Edge, Dublin Simon Community’s fundraising database.
- Understanding of property and housing sector and strong knowledge of homeless sector.
Core Competencies of all Dublin Simon Staff:
- Commitment to providing the highest levels of quality service
- Relating with respect and compassion
- Prompting diversity and equality
- Providing quality person-centered service
- Communicating effectively
- Resilience, positive outlook openness to change
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- Promoting person-centered care
- Building working relationships
- Effective professional practice, planning, organising, and problem-solving.
Benefits to working with Dublin Simon Community:
- 25 days annual leave
- 5% matched contribution to your pension
- Paid Sick Leave Policy
- Paid Maternity Leave Policy
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Commuter Travel Tax Savers Ticket
- 1st-week Comprehensive Training
- Progression Opportunities
Please note, if you are unsure of any of the requirements, contact the Recruitment Team on (01) 6354860
Application due date: 29/09/2021
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4860