Outhouse Community Resource Centre: Deputy Café Coordinator
Deputy Café Coordinator
Please return a cover letter and completed application form to:
Outhouse Community Resource Centre
105 Capel Street, Dublin 1
Closing date for receipt of Cover Letter and Completed Application Form 6pm Friday, 8th October 2021
CV’s will not be considered.
The terms of our funding stipulate that the successful candidate for this post must be in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection.
Overview: Outhouse is a community and resource centre owned by and operating on behalf of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community. Outhouse Mission is to provide a safe space that facilitates and encourages the growth of services and supports to the LGBT community. The Centre provides a ‘safe space’ for people to meet, build friendships, and develop support networks and interest groups within a stated and practiced ethos of respect.
Purpose of Role
Responsible for the day to day operation of the café including providing an integrated catering service primarily in the evening and at weekends. To provide a continuation of the daytime professional service and maintain an environment that is welcoming to existing and new customers.
- Evening / Weekend operation and development of the café.
- Achieve increased Café social usage and revenues.
- Develop a self-sustaining Café
- Food Preparation, hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Café staffing
- Maintaining a welcoming, safe and well-run cafe for Outhouse services users / user groups, including catering for internal events.
- Increase customer numbers by providing a continuous quality service for all service users and working with the Café Coordinator (and other staff) to create additional social events evening / weekends. Increase the appeal and profile of the cafe in the wider community by building community relationships
- Assist the Café Coordinator and Operations and Development Manager to plan, implement and evaluate the cafe on a regular basis in order that the cafe: continues to provide a healthy and varied menu, is run professionally and profitably and has procedures in place to facilitate its efficient running.
- Strict adherence to Outhouse Café Policy and Procedures. Maintenance of required records of all income and expenditure and related documentation. Undertake weekly stock-takes. Liaise closely with the Café Coordinator and Operations and Development Manager to monitor café financial performance.
- Ensure the café is operated in compliance with HACCP, HSE environmental health guidelines and all Outhouse Policies and Procedures.
- Supervision and routine training of Café CE staff and Café volunteers.
- Any other duties that may be required
Key Skills Required for Role
- Proven skills working with diverse communities and individuals
- Background and interest in catering / food industry
- Customer service skills
- Budgetary and financial skills.
- Good understanding of the principles of food hygiene and preparation
- Good understanding of hygiene, health and safety procedures
- Strong demonstrable interpersonal skills (staff and volunteers).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Flexibility is required in all aspects of this post
Salary & Hours: Salary is €12.30 p/hour working 29 hours p/week
Place of work: The place of work shall be Outhouse, 105 Capel Street, Dublin 1.
Term: 1 year renewable contract (including 6 month probationary period).
Closing Date for Receipt of Completed Application Forms: 6pm Friday 8th October 2021
- Outhouse CLG is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability or religious belief.
- Please complete this form in black or blue ink or type.
- CV's or similar unsolicited material will not be accepted in place of or in addition to completed application forms.
- Please read this form and any additional information carefully. Applicants will be short-listed only if they demonstrate that they meet all of the essential qualifications. If you believe you meet these, you must adequately demonstrate this in the space provided.
- We regret that it is not possible to provide individualised feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview and we kindly request that you do not call or email seeking feedback. Feedback is available for candidates called to interview.