South Dublin County Partnership: Health & Wellbeing Senior Manager
Health & Wellbeing Senior Manager – Full Time
South Dublin County (SDC) Partnership is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes backgrounds from diverse communities, we are a local development company primarily funded by the Irish Government to bring together local communities and state agencies to tackle the problems of unemployment and social exclusion. We develop projects and services to support sustainable and vibrant communities where people can realize their potential and experience a high quality of life.
The focus of our activities is on areas where people experience disadvantage and our programmes of work are organized across key thematic areas: Community Development, Enterprise & Employment, Lifelong Learning, Children & Families, Health and Wellbeing.
Health and Wellbeing Senior Manager Role:
Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will be a blend of administration/co-ordination but also research, design and delivery of key Health and Wellbeing programmes. The successful candidate will work closely with key internal stakeholders from various functions including various Health and Wellbeing related forums.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute and/or lead in the strategic development of the company and of the health and wellbeing thematic area of work.
This is a full-time, permanent role. Flexibility required in travelling to other locations. An excellent opportunity for a motivated, energetic, and passionate candidate to develop their skills and experience in the field of health and wellbeing and to be a key part of building a "best in class" health and wellbeing function.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Administration and coordination of various initiatives to include, Health & Wellbeing programmes, Social Prescribing, Heads UP, Healthy Foods Made Easy, Counseling, Roma Health and Housing, Health Promotion, Tallaght Drug and Alcohol Task Force and inter-agency work.
- Research, design, delivery, and review of health promotion programmes that add value at individual and organisational level.
- Support and promote mental health programmes and initiatives that align with the company-wide strategy.
- Coordinate and chair meetings with Health and Wellbeing representatives from across the organization.
- Development of strategic actions in response to emerging needs
- Collation of metrics and data relating to Health and Wellbeing activities
- Any other duties associated with health and wellbeing activities.
- Duties compatible with being a member of the SMT and or duties as requested by the CEO in furtherance of the SDCP mission and vision.
- Organise workplace health promotion events and plans.
Experience & Skills required:
- Managing a team of staff within a complex organization
- Passionate about workplace health promotion and mental health
- High level of planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and to strict deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT literacy
- Experience in research, design, and delivery of effective health promotional programmes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders and to create strong working relationships.
- Degree level qualification in health promotion, or other health-related discipline, community Development or social work.
- Minimum 3 years of managing staff
- Experience in managing multiple community projects
- Full Driver License and access to motor vehicle
- Postgrad Qualification in mental health or community development
The appointee must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the position and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of competence and ability to render regular and efficient service in SDCP.
The salary for this position will be based on each individual qualification and experience.
Applicants should pay particular attention to the essential and desirable criteria in the job description, your suitability and why you are the best candidate for this post in question. Please send three copies of your up-to-date detailed CV and cover letter marked Health & Wellbeing Senior Manager post Job Ref. 37/2021 and should be addressed to:
Administration & Operations Department,
South Dublin County Partnership,
Nangor Road Business Park,
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com – subject box to be marked Health & Wellbeing Senior Manager Job Ref. 37/2021
Closing date for receipt of applications: Thursday 30th September 2021 at 12.00 noon
Please provide the names, address, occupation, and contact details of two referees. (Contact will not be made without prior notification to you). Please note that no individual correspondence will be entered.
Late applications cannot be considered. Short listing of candidates will apply.
Garda vetting maybe required for this position.