Talbot Group: Community Psychiatric Nurse
Community Psychiatric Nurse Stamullen, Co. Meath
Talbot Group Disability Services offers a specialist service for individuals with behaviours of concern or behaviours that challenge. These behaviours can be due to intellectual disability, autism, acquired brain injury, mental health difficulties or a complex combination of these. The core characteristic is that the behaviours are to such a degree that they hinder the person’s full and effective participation in society on an equal basis with others. Talbot Disability Services has a range of houses on the site in Stamullen as well as in the wider community with a graded level of support that ensures an individual can have a unique care pathway mapped against their evolving needs and skills. The core values of Dignity, Respect, Kindness and Engagement underpin the person-centred service we provide. The aim of the service is firstly to enhance the individual’s quality of life and second to promote more adaptive interactions between a person and their environment.
We are currently recruiting for a Community Psychiatric Nurse to join our expanding team.to support people with mental health difficulties in addition to other complex behaviours associated with Autism and Acquired Brain Injury, supporting the core principles of the Talbot Group of kindness, dignity, respect and engagement.
Qualifications & Training
- Hold a relevant qualification in Psychiatry/Mental Health Nursing
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse with NMBI (Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland) or eligible to register
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working with people with complex mental health needs including Psychotic Disorders and Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Experience of inter-disciplinary working
- Experience of managing own workload
- Knowledge of risk assessment
- Working knowledge of capacity assessments and legislation
- Understanding of clinical governance and professional ethics
- Have a patient-centred approach to nursing care
- Ability to treat all with Dignity, Respect, Kindness and Engagement
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organised with good administration and time management skills
- Own transport available for work purposes. Full driving licence
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Continuous Professional Development
- Clinical Supervision and support
- Flexible working hours
- 20 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Free parking
Salary: Negotiable based on experience, comparable to HSE pay scales
Working Hours: Full time – 40 hours per week.
Reports to: Senior Psychiatrist
Location: Headquarters in Redwood Campus, Stamullen, County Meath with travel to community houses in North County Dublin, Meath, Louth and Cavan as required
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties assigned to the position holder. It is intended to be neither definitive, nor restrictive and is subject to periodic review.
As part of the recruitment process, we will keep your application and the personal data contained therein for a period of 12 months. Please inform us when applying for a position with the Talbot Group if you do not wish to have your information retained for this period.
To apply for this position or to request a copy of this job specification, please contact Amanda McKnight, HR – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date: Friday 1st October 2021