Rehab Group: Community Service Manager Category 3 - Galway Outreach Service
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for an experienced Community Service Manager to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Community Service Manager Category 3
Galway Outreach Service
Permanent Contract, 39 hours
Responsible for the operational management and ongoing development of services supporting people with complex needs, specifically Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and neurological conditions. These are customer focused and operate within Person Centred Planning frameworks and processes. Please note a CSM relief panel will also be formed as part of this recruitment.
We are looking for candidates who are committed to supporting people with disabilities and their families, in a person centred, community based, socially inclusive manner in accordance with our core values and national standards, and underpinned by quality, best practice and research to support those who use our services to live their best lives
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A third level qualification in health and social care is essential with or working towards a management element.
- Qualification in Acquired Brain injury/neurological conditions preferable not essential.
- Experience in the strategic planning, development and delivery of a wide range of client focused health and social care services with proven experience of leading and motivating a team with excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational, logistical and management skills; and the ability to establish and maintain good relationships with internal colleagues.
- Experience of budget management and control with strong IT skills.
- A minimum of 2 - 3 years’ experience in management or supervisory role in the area of health or social care.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To facilitate the mainstream inclusion of service users into the community whenever, and wherever possible, as a core and guiding principle of all service delivery, reflecting New Directions.
- To plan and develop any other service development proposals as appropriate within the area as directed, for example, home support, respite care and being proactive in the development of new and innovative initiative / activities / and programmes for and in consultation with the service users.
- To line manage plan, develop, implement, and manage appropriate personal development, health, educational, recreational, and occupational programmes within a centre based, individualised home support or outreach service, in consultation with clients and the Staff team, and as directed, advised, and guided by senior management.
- Be action orientated; enjoying working hard and seeking challenges with an ability to act and react as required, even in circumstances of limited/incomplete information.
- Be flexible regarding working hours and travel in order to meet the operational needs of the service and organisation.
- Participate in an on-call rota, as required.
- Flexibly adapt to take on other reasonable duties/projects if required by the ISM.
- Full driving licence with own vehicle
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description and to apply, please click here: https://workforus.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/2185
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
- Closing Date: Friday, 24th September 2021
- Anticipated interview date Friday, 8th October, and a panel may be formed from these interviews
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer