Castlerea Community & Family Resource Centre: Independent Counsellor - Adult Anxiety Programme
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Castlerea Community & Family Resource Centre invites expression of interest for the position for an independent counsellor for an Adult Anxiety Programme.
Castlerea CFRC is a universal service working to strengthen and empower children, families and the community.
We provide a range a support services to all members of our community.
With the recent Covid 19 pandemic we are seeking a counsellor to roll out a service for adults who may be experiencing low level anxiety, stress and difficulty in coping with current restrictions and limitations.
Contract to complete 4 - 6 sessions per week up to a total of 50 hours.
Purpose of this programme:
Is to provide a safe space for individuals to seek guidance and support focusing on those who have mild to moderate anxiety and other mental health issues but especially those who are finding it difficult to cope with recent Covid 19 stressors and other daily difficulties and experiences. The therapist will encourage and give confidence to participants to open up and discuss issues, feelings and emotions. This programme will enable the participants to identify difficult situations or conditions in their lives, to acknowledge thoughts, feelings and emotions around these issues, identify any negative thinking and methods of over – coming such thoughts. Participants will develop skills and methods to improve reactions and responses to difficult situations that may arise in the future.
Skills & Requirements:
- Counsellors must have qualified to Diploma level and have full Accreditation with IACP or IAHIP.
- Proven level of experience in counselling adults, to be able to offer 1-2-1 support to parents of young people and individuals that are experiencing difficulties particularly relating to Covid 19.
- Experience delivering CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focused Therapy and Brief Intervention Therapy.
- Counsellor will carry out all initial assessments.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Openness to working with a diverse range of adults.
- Capable of working as part of a team.
- Have access to your own supervision support.
- Have valid insurance policy indemnifying Castlerea CFRC.
- Liaise with various referrals agents and take referrals.
- Be flexible in your approach and meeting the needs of the clients.
- Provide a service that complements Castlerea CFRC code of ethics and practices and your own accrediting body.
- Counsellor will liaise with and contact all clients to arrange meetings.
- Counsellor will be responsible to The Board of Directors of Castlerea Community & Family Resource Centre. The successful candidate will report to the Project Coordinator.
- Contract will be subject to Garda Vetting and references.
NOTE: This post is not an employment post. The counsellor will be self-employed, will be paid a fee per session, and will be responsible for paying his or her own income tax.
Applications to be made by CV and Cover Letter to Aisling Nolan, Castlerea CFRC, Patrick’s St, Castlerea, Co Roscommon or emailed to email@example.com no later than 23rd September 2021.