National Council for the Blind of Ireland: Communications Executive
Job Title: Communications Executive
Reporting to: Head of Communications and Advocacy
Location: Head Office, Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin
Salary: €35,000 DOE
The Communications Executive plays a crucial role in the Communications Team by executing the Communications strategy to promote all aspects of NCBI work across all media channels as well as through our publications and events. All duties within this role will be carried out in compliance with NCBI Vision, Mission and Values.
Please apply with your CV and Cover Letter and email to Luwen.email@example.com by 12 noon 29th September 2021
Only applicants with CV and Cover Letter will be considered
NCBI is an equal opportunities employer
Duties and Responsibilities
Content Creation – media and social media channels
- Have a strong working knowledge of relevant media and how all types of media operates.
- Write and distribute press releases and articles.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant media, identifying media opportunities, pitching news and feature items which promote NCBI’s work and coordinate media interviews.
- Write content for all NCBI social media channels and website.
- Working knowledge of content creation tools, including video recording, event photography, nonlinear video and audio editing software, strong production skills.
- Working knowledge of WordPress, and content publishing platforms including Hootsuite, and buzz sprout.
- Assist in identifying appropriate ambassadors and influencers for projects, launches and social media content creation.
Publications and Events
- Prepare copy for NCBI’s publications, including newsletters, information leaflets and corporate publications, such as the annual report.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, particularly printers and designers, and liaise with them to ensure projects are carried out within budget and efficiently.
- Assist colleagues in organising NCBI events.
- Lead the design work in NCBI publications and instore and inhouse marketing.
- Make and edit short videos for distribution across our channels.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to plan and execute promotions.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure adherence to Clear Print Guidelines and digital communications are accessible.
- Taking on and leading ad hoc projects representing the communications department.
This is not an exhaustive list as additional duties and functions may need to be carried out in line with the role.
Third level qualification in Journalism or PR or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a communications/public relations role.
- Competent in all aspects of print, broadcast, digital and social media.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to short deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as proof reading skills.
- Be a team player, working with a small team and colleagues in the wider organisation.
- Strong capacity to show resourcefulness and initiative.
- Proficient with social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
- Knowledge of Wordpress
- Proficient with adobe creative suite or similar content production software, and Canva.