St Patrick’s Centre (Kilkenny): Human Resource Manager
Human Resource Manager – Permanent Contract
Would you like to join a progressive and proactive team who are committed to the National Disability Social Reform program?
SPC are undertaking a transformation in line with legislation and policy. We are looking for a HR/IR leader to partner with staff in a multi-disciplinary organisation of over 300 employees in multiple locations across the Kilkenny region. The successful applicant will enjoy the challenges that come with designing an appropriate HR/IR strategy for organisations in transition.
The HR/IR Manager will:
- Develop a progressive HR/IR strategy within the organisation, manage the human resources department and work with the HR/IR team to develop their skills and capabilities
- Identify and diagnose talent and organisational issues, and partner with leaders to implement solutions
- Partner with recruitment to source and staff a diverse workforce, and ensure a positive on boarding experience
- Serve as advisor and coach senior leaders and managers around people management and development
- Serve as a key member of the Senior Leadership team to partner in driving the change agenda
- Oversee complex employee/industrial relations issues
- Facilitate and lead employee training initiatives and initiate a leadership development programme
- Drive a comprehensive and effective employee engagement plan
Professional and Personal Skills
- Extensive experience working in a complex setting implementing change management projects, ideally within a unionised environment
- Strong organisational and people acumen and ability to engage and influence leaders at executive levels in the organisation
- Pragmatic results-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work professionally under pressure
- Demonstrable experience in analysing issues and providing scalable HR/IR solutions that address and align to broader organisational requirements
- The ability to function as a strong trusted advisor to senior leaders, requiring very good judgment, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to impact through influence
- Strong IR/ER experience and ability to collaborate in a multi-union environment
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience
- Minimum third level qualification in Human Resource Management. Masters in HR/IR preferred
- 3+ years of relevant Human Resources/Industrial Relations work experience.
- 3+ years of people management experience at senior level.
- Proven people leader with disposition to coach and develop future HR/IR leaders.
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations
- Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships with business partners
- Full clean driver’s licence and own transportation
Benefits of working with us
- Competitive salary linked to HSE Salary Grade VII
- Training Opportunities
- Pension Plan
- Fortnightly pay
- Paid leave schemes
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work-life balance
Applications for this post to be submitted on the attached application form along with a CV and cover letter outlining suitability to: Human Resource Dept, St Patrick’s Centre, Unit 11/12 Danville Business park, Kilkenny or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Queries to Adrienne Hayes or Denise Foran on 056 772 2170.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 28th September 2021
We look forward to hearing from you!
St Patrick’s Centre is an equal opportunities employer.