Leitrim Development Company: Employment Specialist - Individual Placement and Support for people with disabilities
Leitrim Development Company wishes to recruit an
Employment Specialist for Individual Placement and Support (IPS) for people with disabilities.
Job Summary: Leitrim Development Company is focusing on inclusion and equity and on enhancing opportunities and choices for people with disabilities in employment. This Employment Specialist will provide an employment focused support service for people who have disabilities supporting them to move towards and into work and also with employers to secure employment opportunities focused on IPS principles. This position requires a high level of accountability to employment /training related outcomes. The project is funded by Pobal under the Dormant Accounts Programme - Measures to Support the Employment of People with Disabilities.
Responsible to: The project lead with support by Social Inclusion management and a project steering group of people with disabilities, advocates/ family groups, service providers and including employers.
Location: Based in Drumshanbo and covering all of County Leitrim.
Position: Fulltime 9am-5pm on 5 days/week for a specific period to the 31st December 2022 (any continuation will be subject to further funding thereafter). The post will involve travel and work in different locations with some out of hours.
Qualifications and experience
- Significant prior employment services or other relevant experience.
- Experience of working with and supporting disabled people or those who have experienced disability in their own lives for one reason or another, including intellectual, physical and sensory, acquired or other such challenges.
- Experience of supporting people who are unemployed or other disadvantaged groups to access required training and supports and to obtain and to remain in employment.
- Transport essential with full clean driving licence.
- Knowledge and experience of recruitment and employment principles, methods, techniques and resources and of the social welfare system.
- Knowledge of disability and special needs issues in relation to employment/ education and training.
- Understanding of relevant disability and employment policy and legislation
- A good understanding of the principles and practice of IPS and Social Role Valorisation (SRV)
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals / organisations and ability to successfully canvas employers on behalf of individuals.
Shortlisting will apply.
Interviews expected to take place first week of October 2021. (possibly online)
Garda Vetting is required for the successful candidate
Leitrim Integrated Development Company CLG is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.